Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Help, I broke the ceramic lid on my father's Big Green Egg

mollyga5mollyga5 Posts: 3
edited September 2011 in Root
I lifted the top to check on the meat and the ceramic lid came loose, fell to the ground and broke into 4 pieces.  It appears to be beyond repair.  Can I buy a replacement lid?

Comments

• crghc98crghc98 Posts: 1,006

you can, but it is your dad's fault.....you need to tighten the bolts on the band every so often....split it with him....

I'm thinking Molly is a daughter.....so she probably doesn't have to pay for it anyway......
  • Besides, that could be Mo Llyga posting. :)

Seriously, mollyga5, yes you can buy a replacement.  I'd call the BGE headquarters because sometimes they will give a better price on these types of accidents than simply ordering a new top.  Good luck!
    The Naked Whiz
    Wasn't being sexist...as a father of both a son and a daughter, I can say the puppy dog eyes from the daughter always work better........
  • Thank you, Naked Whiz.  I contacted BGE headquarters and was given a good price on a replacement dome. 

Why Tweev_tip called me an "...ungrateful sorry excuse for a child." says more about Tweev_tip than it does about me.  Thanks again.

• Molly, I'd suggest you not try to understand Tweev.  I have a lot more experience at it than you, and I still haven't quite figured him out.  :)
    The Naked Whiz
  • Ditto.

• I am a bit of an Enigma aren't I?? ;)

O:-) your an angle  b-(
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike Bar.