Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Help, I broke the ceramic lid on my father's Big Green Egg

mollyga5mollyga5 Posts: 3
edited September 2011 in Root
I lifted the top to check on the meat and the ceramic lid came loose, fell to the ground and broke into 4 pieces.  It appears to be beyond repair.  Can I buy a replacement lid?

Comments

• crghc98crghc98 Posts: 1,006

you can, but it is your dad's fault.....you need to tighten the bolts on the band every so often....split it with him....

I'm thinking Molly is a daughter.....so she probably doesn't have to pay for it anyway......
  • Besides, that could be Mo Llyga posting. :)

Seriously, mollyga5, yes you can buy a replacement.  I'd call the BGE headquarters because sometimes they will give a better price on these types of accidents than simply ordering a new top.  Good luck!
    The Naked Whiz
    Wasn't being sexist...as a father of both a son and a daughter, I can say the puppy dog eyes from the daughter always work better........
  • Thank you, Naked Whiz.  I contacted BGE headquarters and was given a good price on a replacement dome. 

Why Tweev_tip called me an "...ungrateful sorry excuse for a child." says more about Tweev_tip than it does about me.  Thanks again.

• Molly, I'd suggest you not try to understand Tweev.  I have a lot more experience at it than you, and I still haven't quite figured him out.  :)
    The Naked Whiz
  • Ditto.

• I am a bit of an Enigma aren't I?? ;)

O:-) your an angle  b-(
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike Bar.