Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Egg

SqueezySqueezy Posts: 1,101
edited September 2011 in EggHead Forum

Will take delivery of my new Egg tomorrow (Friday) ... I'm so eggcited!!!!!

Have seen them in action, so I think the learning curve shouldn't be too bad .... what to cook first?

Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
·

Comments

• GregCGregC Posts: 49
    Congrats on your purchase, you're going to love your EGG. It's been one of the best purchases we've ever made, I use it all the time, year around.
    ·
  • Start with something easy like burgers.  Also, keep the temp down until the gaskets seal unless you want to lose them.

Congrats.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • SpoonSpoon Posts: 328
    My only regret about buying my egg is that didn't do it sooner. And the only downside is they are kinda like potato chips, you can't have just one. Now I am stalking a mini or small to go with my large.

Like V.I. said cook burgers, chicken or something else you are very comfortable grilling. After the food is off, play around with the vent settings to get a feel for how it works.

~Spoon
    "Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon
    ·
  • 4Runner4Runner Posts: 2,039
    Congrats.  Go for something you like that you can cook indirect.  Pork Tenderloin or Spatchcock Chicken.  Enjoy!
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
    ·
  • SqueezySqueezy Posts: 1,101

As it turned out, I got some really nice Jalapeños at the market, so I made some ABTs and cooked them at 350º as suggested on the DVD, followed by some burgers at 500º

Had no problem capturing temps, although I need an alarm clock while bending my elbow, cause the Egg is so quiet I sometimes forget I'm cooking .. LOL!

·
  • SqueezySqueezy Posts: 1,101
    Have a nice T-bone for either today or tomorrow ... not sure whether I want to use the method suggested by the home site or the T Rex method?
    ·
  • Trex method makes a great steak. Works best if u have a 1''+ steak   usually i try and get mine at 1 1/4 -1 1/2
    One LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
    ·
  • What is trexing
    ·
  • The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    congrats on the egg.. as you know you're gonna love it!

remember... pics :)
    context is important :)
    ·