Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Mahogany Nest/Eggmates...

SMITTYtheSMOKERSMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,270
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·

Comments

• Looks like I just found a project.
    ·
  • SpoonSpoon Posts: 328
    Nice looking table and great looking store!
    "Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon
    ·
  • CowdogsCowdogs Posts: 484
    edited September 2011
    I would like to see the left shelf folded up (if it does fold up).
    ·
  • jbennyjbenny Posts: 147
    That's pretty awesome
    ·
  • GeekGodGeekGod Posts: 52
    That nest looks unsafe for some reason.   Not sure I would trust it.  

Tables look great however!

·
  • DnormanDnorman Posts: 117
    WE have a set of these at my shop.  The Nest is very well built, Better then BGE's nest.  I look at the side table and think I should really get some ironing done.
    ·
  • I also think the "bar shelf" resembles an ironing board-LOL

I also think a pair them would create a nice cooking set-up on my patio.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • Yeah... I don't know about mahogany for an egg table.  Wood in general for a table top is always going to be somewhat problematic.  Last thing I'd want is expensive wood. 
    ·
  • nice looking stuff, but probably smarter to spend less $$ on a small table, folding or not.
    ·
  • bcdonbcdon Posts: 17
    Is setting the egg directly on a wood surface a good idea?
    ·
  • The problem I see with the nest is there nothing around the top edge holding the egg from falling over.  Have you moved the egg around the store in this nest across bumps, and cracks and such?
    ·
  • Geek Quote-The problem I see with the nest is there nothing around the top edge holding the egg from falling over.  Have you moved the egg around the store in this nest across bumps, and cracks and such?
    The nest is rather solid and the Egg is very secure, the top of the nest has nice rubber cushions that grip the Egg really well.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • Smitty,

How much is the nest and mates? Let's say the exact set-up you have pictured above.

Thanks.
    ·
  • Nest-$299

Bar Shelf-$199

Small Shelf-$79

We sold a set of small shelves on an Egg this week, it lookes great.  I think the customer who wishes to have this type of nicer accessory will keep a cover on it.  If you are not one to keep a cover on your Egg...probaby not for you. IMO

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·