Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

New BGE Large Owner

davejames0426davejames0426 Posts: 105
edited August 2011 in Root
Well here is another newbe to the site, I have cooked chicken and burgers so far. Going for the all nighter boston butt this Friday night for family on Saturday evening. Wish me luck.......
LBGE - Swing Grate - Platesetter - Pimaster110 - Pizza Stones - Maverick E732 - Thermapen - Dutch Ovens Abbeville, SC

• Ricky BRicky B Posts: 28
    Wecome to the cult! Good luck with your butt. I've had my large since 2007 and since have added a mini to the family. Enjoy both.
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    good luck! congrats on your first egg!!

it only gets better from here!!!

happy eggin
    Anderson S.C.

happy eggin

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• WoodbutcherWoodbutcher Posts: 1,004
    Make sure the egg is stable and don't try to go to low. Keep it between 250-275 and you shouldn't have to worry about it going out. Good luck and welcome to the forum!
  • SpoonSpoon Posts: 328
    Welcome aboard! You will love your egg. Good advice on the butt above. I would also make sure you load your lump about half way up the fire ring (not the fire box)' to make sure you have plenty of fuel for the low and slow.
    "Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon
  • Egg JujuEgg Juju Posts: 658
    Welcome aboard... all good advice.  Enjoy your egg!
    Large and Small BGE *
  • 4Runner4Runner Posts: 2,307
    Congrats and enjoy the ride.  Just need to practice now!
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: and  and
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • llrickmanllrickman Posts: 542
    edited September 2011
    check this out if you havent seen it . it will be a ton of help to a new egghead

also this one for vent settings

One LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen

Albuquerque, NM