Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

(PICS) Rack of Lamb with Grilled Cipollini Onions

SpoonSpoon Posts: 328
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
This is from a cook a little while back that I never posted.

Frenched rack of lamb al la Trader Joe's. I made a wet rub with all the ingredients in the raws picture. I looked at a couple of recipes, but in the end I just winged it like I usually do.

I seared off the rack at about 500 about three minutes a side and then took it off the fire and brought the temp down to 300-350 and roasted it for another 15-20 min or so. Pulled at 135 and rested.

The onions were just olive oil with salt and pepper. I put them on when the rack when back on at 350. Served with mashed potatoes and it was great. I would do it again.

Last weekend I cooked some veal chops on the egg. I did a flash pickled mushroom demi glace sauce on the stove top. They came out great, but I didn't get any pictures. Lamb and veal are a good change of pace every once in a while.
"Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon."
~Spoon

Comments