Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tonight's healthy dinner (pork loin chops and broccoli) PICS

CrazyHarryCrazyHarry Posts: 112
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
I marinated some boneless pork loin chops in lime juice, honey, wine vinegar and cilantro.  For the broccoli I just splashed it with olive oil and sprinkled on some Dizzy Dust.

It was good, but the broccoli picked up a little bit too much smoke, and the chops were a bit overcooked.  Still, everything tasted delicious.

For dessert I grilled some angel food cook and then I made a lime glaze to drizzle over the top.  It was very good!
·

Comments

• EggNorthEggNorth Posts: 515
    Wow!  That looks great.  
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    LBGE (2010)
    ·
  • Egg JujuEgg Juju Posts: 658
    Still looks delicious.  I find loin chops are less forgiving than some of their cousins.  The low fat content makes it hard to keep them moist sometimes.  The marinade sounds good and broccoli is one of my favorites.  Nice cook!
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,198
    Grilled angel food cake.  That's a new one!   \:D/

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • Those really look great. :-))
    ·
  • CrazyHarryCrazyHarry Posts: 112
    edited August 2011
    @Botch - Grilled angel food is delicious.  It stays nice and soft and fluffy on the inside, but the outside gets this nice sort of crunchy crust.

Tonight I grilled some more angel food slices and served them with some balsamic strawberries and whipped cream.  It was fantastic!

Quick Recipe:

1.  Macerate the strawberries
    2.  Add 1 tbs of balsamic vinegar
    3.  Add 2 tbs of sugar
    4.  Add a splash of vegetable oil
    5.  Mix it all together and serve with the grilled angel food and some whipped cream

·
  • Egg JujuEgg Juju Posts: 658
    Looks tasty... a new spin on grilled strawberry shortcake.
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
    ·
  • WoodbutcherWoodbutcher Posts: 1,004
    Looks Tasty to me!
    ·
  • Looks simple and damn tasty. Can't wait to try this one. Thanks or sharing
    ·
  • Amy S.Amy S. Posts: 70
    Very nice!
    ·
  • Looks great...thanks for the pics!
    Coming to you from the Mothership!