Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

To the Forum Admins

Options
purcellj
purcellj Posts: 44
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
After being in IT for 20+ years, I completely understand the difficulty in doing system conversions.  It's a complex process.  Long hours and minimal appreciation. 

For those that haven't been through the process, please give these folks a bit of slack.  Many times it's like changing an engine driving down the road at 55mph.  And if they make a mistake, no one is going to die.  Let's keep the important things important...Your Family, Our Troops and Our Country!

Admins: Thanks for your efforts!
John

Comments

• LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Options
    agreed.

to the management that probably pushed this out the door without enough testing and user feedback... I hope you've learned a valuable lesson.
    context is important :)
  • Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Options
    +1... this has its issues, but the old one is a total collection of half measuers and cumbersome coding from the dinosaur age of forums.  Please... Please let this be the one going forward.  I like it sooo much better!
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • brody
    brody Posts: 32
    Options
    After being in IT for 20+ years, I completely understand the difficulty in doing system conversions.  It's a complex process.  Long hours and minimal appreciation. 

For those that haven't been through the process, please give these folks a bit of slack.  Many times it's like changing an engine driving down the road at 55mph.  And if they make a mistake, no one is going to die.  Let's keep the important things important...Your Family, Our Troops and Our Country!

Admins: Thanks for your efforts!
    John
    I agree! Thanks
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    +1... this has its issues, but the old one is a total collection of half measuers and cumbersome coding from the dinosaur age of forums.  Please... Please let this be the one going forward.  I like it sooo much better!
    -1... Regardless of how one might characterize the old forum, please don't let this be the one going forward. If we have to change, change to a platform that at least most people would like.
    The Naked Whiz