Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

User name instead of Screen Name?

Austex_EggerAustex_Egger Posts: 153
edited August 2011 in Forum Feedback
Any tips on having my old screen name show instead of my user name?  Can't find anyplace to change it.  I showed up as Austex_Egger in the old forum.

Comments

• golfguygolfguy Posts: 105
    email promotions@biggreenegg.com and let them know.  I posted the same question earlier and saw GG already had a thread going about the same thing.
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    edited August 2011

The same thing happened to me. I'm supposed to be hornhonk! This stinks!

• Who the hell am I?
  • Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Same boat here....sent email
  • MCRMCR Posts: 270
    edited August 2011
    Send the email last night at promotions... as posted in various locations!
    X_X
    Marc
  • Yep, me too
    Fred V. Smyrna,Ga.
  • I sent a note to R.DAmico@biggreenegg.com and he straightened out my handle and then I redid my password. Now I can login.

Thanks Rob!

• ResQueResQue Posts: 1,045
    edited August 2011
    I sent one yesterday afternoon and I direct messaged BGERob...nothing so far.

ResQue
  • Thanks all,  sent an Email to promotions@biggreenegg.com as stated above and they had it done in about a half hour.  
    Must be nice!
  • AJ,  might try sending another Email.  They probably get tons and yours got miss placed or something.  Sent mine at 2:37 today,  had the response that it was done at 2:55.  
    Just sent another.  This will be the third time I have asked.
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,184
    edited August 2011
    I just sent third email, the last one though a different account because I know they have had problems with comast emails in ths past. I'll see what happens.
  • ron4fishron4fish Posts: 144
    I am having the same problem, I know they are swamped but this is my 4th email since 7:00 this morning. Can't use my emotiocons on my home computer either.
  • Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    I sent an email to the 'promotions" address yesterday afternoon and as of now - no change.
  • BBQMavenBBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    BGERob 4:23PM@waynebmontclair  what was your handle name and we'll get it fixed...I have not seen an email from you yet.
    Clark - Look at above post... maybe send a message directly?
    Kent Madison MS
  • Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    @BBQMaven - after I posted above, I sent an email to DAmico per "Serial Grillers" post. 

I might try to direct message BGERob.

I had to struggle to decipher your post - before I guessed that you had copied and pasted the one from BGERob to wayne.  This new Forum is difficult to follow as to who is responding to who. 

Plus the emoticon drop-down doesn't work on my MacBook and I cannot log in with my iPad!

Lots of bugs to work out yet! :-)
  • BBQMavenBBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    look at the post for what browsers work... lots of good fixes in it

Kent Madison MS
    I sent an email too....no response and no fix yet.
    Took me three tries since yesterday afternoon to get mine changed.  Just did 27 hours later since the first email
  • We are addressing the problem and handling them as quickly as possible, we thank you for your patients
    Coming to you from the Mothership!
    edited August 2011
    Thank you sir...patience.
  • yes that too :-)
    Coming to you from the Mothership!
  • who am I?  tweev perhaps?

I guess I shouldn't even joke like that!
    Thanks Rob...patience in check! I'm sure it's been a rough day for you guys....come to a Texas Eggfest and I'll buy you a drink! 
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,775
    edited August 2011
    Rob, please give me back my handle "Canugghead".  Thanks.
    canuckland
  • Why should I have to send them an e-mail when many people are having the problem?  This is an IT embarrassment.  I am pretty sure when we signed up for a user name the forum promised it won't be seen. 
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    probably shouldn't but life may be easier and it may get done quicker if you do.

Just say'n.