Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Flat Iron Quesadillas (lots of pix)

Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,404
edited 7:58PM in EggHead Forum
I've posted this meal on another forum of which I'm a member several times, but I've never shared it with you guys. So I figured it was OK. ;) I make this about once a week. For those of you who haven't discovered Flat Iron Steak, it is a hidden gem. Very cheap cut of beef, and healthy to boot!

Rubbed this Flat Iron with some Dizzy Pig's Red Eye Express...

IMG_2819.jpg

IMG_2825.jpg

IMG_2828.jpg

IMG_2829.jpg

IMG_2830.jpg

Quesadillas were filled with Spanish Rice, Black Beans, Fresh Cilantro, Flat Iron Steak and Cheese... served with some Sour Cream and Salsa on the side.

IMG_2835.jpg

IMG_2836.jpg

Big one is mine, and the small one is my wife's.... ;)

IMG_2837.jpg

IMG_2838.jpg

Good eats... :)
·

Comments

• BBQMavenBBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    that look great....
    thanks for sharing
    Kent Madison MS
    ·
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,758
    Nice looking cook. Love the flat iron but haven't tried it with Quesadillas.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,342
    Now that is a meal!!!!! :P Flat iron is a hidden gem of the shoulder and boy it is good eats.. Not a standard item in most meat cases though.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • tacodawgtacodawg Posts: 335
    Wow that looks great. I do one similar with a flank steak. I have seen the flat iron steaks have to try it. Thanks for sharing. Someone's always stirring the pot. New recipes. Thanks.
    ·
  • Well now that is some Mexican inspired deliciousness! I don't see flat iron steak out here much. I do occasionally get flap meat, which is a nice fatty (not healthy) cut which I love.

I love the way you put that all together. Looks great and got me thinking.

Large BGE, Santa Maria Pit, Hasty-Bake Gourmet, MAK One Star Pellet Pooper,  26" Weber, 22" Weber Performer.  Most have custom handles made by me.

http://www.amlwoodart.com

"Just living from one cook to the next"

·
  • Now that just looks delicious.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,920
    Looks great, Dyal. You are the Quesadilla Queen....uh, I mean King. :laugh:

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,404
    Dang it, Griffen... Everyone else on this forum is so nice, but then there is YOU! :angry: :angry: I have your number, remember?? :lol: Thanks to everyone else though for the compliments. ;)
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,920
    Doh! I keep forgetting that.

Felt bad when I posted that. How about we keep it nice and friendly here and keep the trash talking to the other site? I'm game for a truce here. ;)

Whenever I finally do make it up to see you, and it will happen eventually, I eggspect some quesadillas. :)

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,404
    Ok ok, I guess I can call it truce. :lol: I'm still gonna trash talk you on the other site though. :P But does this mean I'll have to go erase your number off the Rest Area's toilet stall? ;) :silly:
    ·