Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Oklahona City BBQ

LazydogsaloonLazydogsaloon Posts: 213
edited 11:25AM in EggHead Forum
All,

I will be in Ok city on business next week and I am looking for suggestions on where to get BBQ.

Thanks in advance.

Lazydog B)
·

Comments

• hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Head south until you cross the Red River. :evil: Just kidding!
    ·
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Not Q. but where Adam Richman of Man vs Food did his Catfish Challenge:

CatfishBarna.jpg

CatfishBarnb.jpg

Right off I-35 & Waterloo Rd
    ·
  • pcipci Posts: 249
    Johnny's Ribshack just south on 35 at the Cuthrie exit.
    ·
  • Hour SOuth in Davis Just north of the Arbuckles....Smoking Joes..

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/241/1463609/restaurant/Oklahoma/Smokin-Joes-BBQ-RV-Park-Davis
    www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
    ·
  • SWOkla-JerrySWOkla-Jerry Posts: 638
    Leo's BBQ off I-235 and NE 36th St. is pretty good. I have also eaten at Earl's Rib Palace, they have several locations around town: http://www.earlsribpalace.com/
    ·
  • Since getting my egg I've stopped eating out for Q so I'm sorry that I don't have a good suggestion for you but I've also heard that Earl's is good.

The catfish place that loco suggested is about 45 minutes from me and I hear great things about it except that the A/C isn't the best. But if you're going that far, come on up another 45 minutes and just tell me what you're hungry for!

Bruce
    ·
  • Thanks for the ideas, I will post if I get a chance to try one these places.

Lazydog B)
    ·