Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

blue hog sauce

bennybenny Posts: 109
edited 11:17PM in EggHead Forum
ive tried the original. its great. how about the tennessee red, is it worth trying?
·

Comments

• tennessee red has more kick....i like the new smokey mountain (i think thats the name)...not quite as viscous as the regular, and has a nice smokey tang to it ...good stuff!
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,414
    So far, my favorite for PP.
    ·
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    What gdenby said...it's the greatest on pulled pork.
    ·
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,246
    I prefer Tennessee Red actually. It's excellent on pulled pork.

A 50/50 mix of TN Red and Original is a popular glaze for ribs.
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,956
    YES! As others have said use it straight on PP and tone down that sweetness of Blues regular. The other thing that we really like is to serve TR heated as a finishing sauce over pork loin. Your guests will think you slaved all afternoon making it!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    I like to mix the TR with the Original 50/50, suits my pallet just Eggactly!! :P :woohoo: :cheer:
    ·
  • What states sell the Blues Hog Sauce? I am traveling from North Carolina back to Michigan. Will any states on the way sell it?

Thanks
    Rich :)
    ·
  • transversaltransversal Posts: 719
    Frank, I've gotta try that........
    ·