Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

26 hours later.....

HossHoss Posts: 14,587
edited 5:23PM in EggHead Forum
and she's still going.Rendering out a point for burnt ends.

100_4276.jpg

The original load of lump,no additions,no gadgets,no gaskets. ;) The Brisket hit 190 at 2 pm today.I wrapped and coolered it and let the butts keep gettin happy.BTW,I had to set the vents in a position that would NORMALLY maintain 350 dome in order to matain 250-275 dome with this load of meat.

100_4267.jpg

The brisket after resting.

100_4268.jpg

The point.It is still on.26.5 hours after I lit the egg with the weedburner.

100_4269.jpg

100_4275.jpg

100_4278.jpg

Two butts were done at 6 pm.The other two had to ride til 7:30.They are resting in the cooler now.

100_4273.jpg

100_4274.jpg

Sliced flat.BY FAR the bestest brisket I ever cooked.

100_4270.jpg

100_4272.jpg

I think I'll let the point ride til 10,then I'm callin it quits! :)
·

Comments

• cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,406
    Nice!! Then you can put yer feet up. ;)
    Awesome job!!
    Easy peasy, no?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • Le Oeuf VertLe Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    Amazing cook! I hope he enjoys the food and his time home.
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    B) At least I got a headstart on Baby Boy and his tapeworm! :laugh: ;)
    ·
  • brisket30brisket30 Posts: 122
    What time the party win all that meat?

Nice work! I love brisket.
    ·
    Me too.I know I will enjoy both! :) Thanks.
    ·
  • That is dedication......that pays! Nice
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
    ·
  • Hoss, that looks great!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Awesome Hoss! That brisket looks perfect - stand up and take a bow. So, now we know how much an egghead can egg! Fine eatin' at your house this week. :laugh:
    ·
    Thanks.We're eatin the 3 slabs of spares I did on the WSM for dinner. ;)
    ·
    Thanks friend. :)
    ·
    Thanks Dave.It was tastee too.I HAD to sample a little! :blush: :laugh:
    ·
  • ResQueResQue Posts: 1,045
    Very nice Hoss! That's a lot of meat! Most I have done is six butts.
    ·
    Thanks e.Brisket and ribs have always been hard for me.I am VERY happy with this brisket.
    ·
    Thanks.6 butts is a BIG chore too. :)
    ·
  • transversaltransversal Posts: 719
    Good lookin eats, Hoss.
    ·
  • Ive been waiting all day to see those Hoss, Congrats I tip my hat to you and toast a Cheers. Amazing cook. I feel a bit inept posting fish last night after seeing your meaty cornicopia...Enjoy your son and your good eats...
    www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Wow Hoss. You got it going on. Lots of good eating there. :P I need to cook a brisket soon. I bet you could go another ten hours with the lump you have left. ;)

Have a great work week. :)
    ·
    Thanks
    ·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    A Big Congratulations to ya Hoss and it is well earned. Did you have to do any switching around or maybe I missed a post somewhere??? :whistle:

Keep up the Great Eggen,
    Bordello
    ·
    Thanks. :)
    ·
    Thanks Tim.You have a great week too. :)
    ·
    No sir.I did have to remove the butts when the brisket was done.Brisket was on bottom :whistle: :blush: Not much trouble though. :laugh: This is the original post.....

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1124273&catid=1
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,343
    Hoss,
    Normally I would say a clink of the snifter glass, but toss the dayum glass you deserve the whole bottle!
    You did yourself proud and I am sure the young one will be pleased. Enjoy your time with him.
    Tell the young man the Eggheads here in Austin thank him for his service.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
    Thanks MUCH! :)
    ·
  • Nice, was it a chore getting the brisket out?
    ·
    Not really.I just put the butts in a big pan as I removed them,removed the brisket then threw the butts back on.5 minutes TOPS.
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Mi amigo Great cook, why do you have to live so far??? Or is it me??? :P
    ·
  • Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    26 hours? That's all? Hell I don't light my egg if I'm not planning on cooking any longer than that! :whistle: :whistle: Kidding of course! I think my record was about 22 hours maybe. Brisket looks mighty tender and juicy. Me likey! You'll go down like a 20 story building when you finally crash!
    ·
    I PROMISE I would MUCH rather live near you! :) You live in Eden my friend. ;)
    ·
    :laugh: Thanks.Yeah,I'm pooped! :)
    ·