Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Grilling rings

TnVolKenTnVolKen Posts: 198
edited 8:29PM in EggHead Forum
Birthday gift, received some BGE grill rings, has anyone used them? If so what did you make?

Also, got a big bag of BGE lump and a BGE grill brush, great new additions for the egg.

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 16,111
    LOL - Ok I'll bite...what are BGE grill rings?
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • TnVolKenTnVolKen Posts: 198
    They are for real from BGE. Says on the boy great for grilling stuffed fruit and vegetables.
  • ShedFarmShedFarm Posts: 499
    Are those the 3" hoops with a spike coming up the center, so you can grill things like apples and such?
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
    sorry - I wasn't doubting you - I just had never heard of them nor seen them. Can you post a picture?
    BTW Happy Birthday!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Thanks! guess I should have done that rather than to p*ss him off... :blink:
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    YEP,look at Tim's response.(2fat)
  • TnVolKenTnVolKen Posts: 198
    RRP wrote:
    Thanks! guess I should have done that rather than to p*ss him off... :blink:

RRP, I wasn't upset.
    I'm glad - I honestly didn't know they make them now. Back a couple years ago I made several "rings" out of aluminum vent pipe for sake of making Snicker-doodle-apples. Necessity is the Mother of invention..right? :laugh:
    IMG_0043.jpg

Then I foiled the apples - the rings kept them upright like this:
    IMG_0065.jpg
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    ;)