Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

The Emergency Homeowners\' Loan Program (EHLP)

cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,272
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Times are tough, thought I'd share this.

http://www.nw.org/network/foreclosure/nfmcp/EHLPconsumers.asp

DEADLINE is July 22nd....just saying :laugh:
·

Comments

• Dimple's MomDimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    There are 12 houses in our hoa. 1 has been empty the entire time we've lived here, due to probate and the inheritors just not being ready to move. Out of the remaining 11, 5 have gone into foreclosure in the past 2 to 3 years. One was a situation where the owner died and it didn't make financial sense for the heir to keep the house. The other 4 were just walked away from. I think at least 2 are still empty. I've never seen anything quite like this. I thank God every night for the roof over my head.
    ·
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Our economy today is in large part a product of federal meddling in the housing market via the CRA, Fed interest policy and, mostly, Fannie and Freddie. To think that we can fix what's wrong using More of the Same is utter insanity.
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,272
    Amen to that!
    ·