Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hanger Steak demystified!

GirlyEggGirlyEgg Posts: 622
edited 10:18AM in EggHead Forum
So I finally got around to it... trimming a hanger steak in prep for Father's Day...

Fidel for the advice! I think the key is a sharp knife... so don't make fun of me (all you "knife set" folks)... but I am absolutely in love with my "YOSHI Blade" (yes, "AS SEEN ON TV"!) which I got at CVS for $9.99... came with a potato peeler, too!

Here's the results!

This is what it looked like originally...
IMAG0128.jpg

this is after trimming with my Yoshi Blade!
IMAG0132.jpg

After lightly pounding, it's marinating til tomorrow!
·

Comments

• Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    You did a superb job, are you part Japanese? :laugh:
    Be sure a post the finished cook.
    I did my first hanger last week, never been able to find them before, now I'm hooked :ohmy: :cheer:
    ·
  • GirlyEggGirlyEgg Posts: 622
    I owe it all to the YOSHI BLADE! :P
    ·
  • AvocadosAvocados Posts: 465
    You need to get a Ginsu-2 to go with your Yoshi :laugh:

Hope you and all the four legged freinds are having a great weekend!!
    ·
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,774
    Hanger steak, at times, can be a pain to trim.
    I give you an A+. Can'y wait for the finished cooked photos.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
  • GirlyEggGirlyEgg Posts: 622
    you laugh now but next time you see the Yoshi Lade at CVS or Target you'll take a closer look!
    ·