Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

DIY hot sauce aka Hay"That's Hot"Honker Sauce

hayhonkerhayhonker Posts: 576
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Like it hot? Me too. This is my first attempt at a super hot sauce. It turned out really really hot with good flavor. The burn lasts about 10 minutes.
I'm already thinking ahead to the next batch. I think some dark rum would work well in the saute phase and added to the blender for a little sweetness.

Start with a pound of habaneros, an onion and five cloves of garlic.
hot01.jpg
Saute in olive oil until the skins start to brown. Next time I will de-glaze the pan with dark rum.
hot02.jpg
Add 1/2 cup cilantro, 1/4 cup white vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 tsp salt, 1 TB black pepper. Next time I will add 1/4 cup dark rum.
hot03.jpg
Blend until smooth and creamy.
hot04.jpg
Enjoy in moderation on wings, tacos, pizza. Add to some mild salsa. Get your friends to try it. Have fun! Goes good with the 100 degree temps we've been having :evil:
hot05.jpg

Comments