Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My venture with my dealer

Options
cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So I've had a cracked medium firebox for awhile (from a pizza party night) and have decided to get it replaced. That way I have a new one when this crack job falls apart.
This is the dealer closest to me. I buy alot from them because of the convenience.
Call them Saturday and tell my tale. Get a call back they need pictures and come fill out some warranty info. Was told they'd be putting in an order tomorrow. Scramble around to get some photos printed and bring them on in. I ran into the Manager, fill him in and he get's the person I spoke with. The person went away, then came back with a papaer and said, yea, just fill this out and fax it to these guys. I look at him and say, you want me to do this? I am the customer. He says, I'm on lunch. Meantime the Mng. was telling me how BGE was a pain to deal with...blah...blah...didn't want to be charged with doing this for customers...blah...blah...how Weber is so easy to deal with....
I was really pissed, really, I have to do this?, I say. I snag the paper and leave.
GOOD note:
I call the lovely folks in Denver. All I have to do is email the pictures and the new firebox will be there to pick up at the Denver Eggfest.

Pretty certain that I will not spend a dime of my hard, customer service earned money in that store again.

Thanks for listening.
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    BGE needs to weed out the dumbass dealers like that!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Unfortunately, there are too many dealers out there like this......I don't think most of them understand how to handle situations out of the ordinary. That dealer in Denver is a good one!! If you remember, tell him John Hall from Georgia says hello. He remembered me when a friend went into his store for a new egg about 3 years ago. We were at the Denver fest in 2007........
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    well that sucked! glad it had a happy ending. Guess u won't be buyin' much from them any time soon.

I finally found a dealer around here who actually stocks eggs - and at least one employee who uses one! Went there last weekend - first time I have ever seen any eggs that weren't mine!! XL, Med, Small - finally saw them all!! Demo chicken cook was pretty good too.

Will see what happens when I need warranty stuff.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• misfit
    misfit Posts: 358
    Options
    Sorry for your problems, good to vent. Haven't had to replace anything under warranty yet, knock on wood...
    Not sure what I am doing wrong, but I still have my original gasket after nearly 7 years. And yes I do go above 550 regularly, pizzas dontcha know.
  • loco_engr
    Options
    John:

Hows about attending the 2011 eggfest. Some of the "regulars" will be MIA this year. :(

PS: Bring your boa! :laugh:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • cookn biker
    Options
    I really do hope this does not come across as bashing. I just wanted to vent. Telling it like it went down. I don't think telling my Mom would of helped. I knew you all would get it.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • cookn biker
    Options
    I will.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Ridiculous really Michael.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Out of 3 eggs, only the mini has a gasket.
    Venting is good. :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • loco_engr
    Options
    Unfortunately your experience with a less than knowledgeable dealer has not been the 1st post of this kind on this forum. Sad situation IMHO :sick: :(

We are here to help!
    most of the times, unless we can get a grab in! :laugh:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    It's probably this dealer's distributor that's hard to deal with, not BGE. I know my dealer had a dreadful distributor for a while, and my dealer was always moaning about the distributor. He has a new distributor now and he is much happier.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    It's probably a good thing that Desert Oasis Woman wasn't with you.

People who expect service give crappy businesses a bad name.

Spring "Just Being A BGE Dealer Doesn't Make Them A Good Store" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    I absolutely detest crappy customer service. I work hard for my money and I don't gripe and groan when I spend it - but I do expect to be treated respectfully and appreciated. Our local dealer has little or no accessories....they are nice enough, but they just want to sell eggs and nothing else. Glad you found a dealer who gives a darn! :)
  • misfit
    misfit Posts: 358
    Options
    I'll second that motion. ;)
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Did you throw stuff at him to John? :woohoo:
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Nope, the distributor made it easy. ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    I detest it also Elizabeth. Good grief, I'm on lunch.
    My whole career has been customer service.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    I'm not sure how to reply Leroy, but I want to reply, so I am. :laugh: ;)
    Hope you guys are good!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Shwiezzee
    Shwiezzee Posts: 304
    Options
    Sorry to hear that, I have a winner of a dealer also. :unsure:

6 weeks to order and deliver a large. :blink: than :angry::angry:

Jay
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike Bar.
  • egret
    Options
    Thank you for that! We really enjoyed that fest.......but, we cooked with some great eggers including Randy and Kim! Did she ever tell you about that great bundt cake I did while there? :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Hopefully you were talking with an employee and not the owner. Sometimes it is amazing how people wanting you money will treat you.

Sounds like you are in good hands once again.

Kent
  • cookn biker
    Options
    I am Kent, thanks.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • egret
    Options
    Here 'tis : P1010508Small.jpg

I have to confess.......that was Kim's cake that I was parading around showing everyone how beautiful it was! :laugh:
  • egret
    Options
    Thank you, Molly! :lol: Here's a shot of the infamous foursome back then :

P1010511Small.jpg
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Nice John! You all had umbrellas that year? :(
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    You all look so young!! :laugh: :laugh: :P
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Sorry to hear that, Molly. And I know that Denver dealer is far away for you.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    As much as you patronize that store let alone BGE...I don't blame you for not spending any more money at that store.
  • egret
    Options
    Bless you, child! Remember that was almost 4 years ago!! :woohoo:
  • cookn biker
    Options
    I don't mind supporting a dealer that knows what customer service is about. No matter how far. They are in south Denver. About a 45 minute drive...if I'm driving. B)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"