Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

what guage wire is the bail on Lbge?

lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
edited 1:12AM in EggHead Forum
dmft fell off last fall and the bail evaporated .. .. i figured it would turn up after the snow melted but it went to the parallel universe with the lost socks..

can anyone measure the guage of that wire? figure i can make my own out of 304.

thanks
bill
·

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,286
    If I can remember where I put my mic I will. My guess would be 18# and it is spring steel.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,318
    Any chance you perhaps used it to stir a drink &, I don’t know, maybe... nah, couldn’t’ve :ermm: - any mysterious abdominal pains over the winter :huh:

How’d that stuff turn out on Friday?
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    You do know that the fire wires are about 18 inches long and have a loop on one end and a metal pick on the other about 5 inches long.. they are not u shaped with little bends on each end........
    ·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    Your micrometer is in the top drawer of your bedside table :whistle:
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,196
    3/32". no clue as to gauge.
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·
  • lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    not a bad idea .. i have stainless cable and crimp ends and springs for the handle
    thanks
    ·
    3/32 works for me
    thanks
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,196
    I would have measured in 64ths, but had to use a magnifying glass for 32nds!! I NEED new glasses!! :blush:
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·
    between 10 an 11 guage according to google
    ·
    Oh I remember when you asked me to measure. Sounded so good in mm didn't it. Left the door open for a reversal there

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    turned out very good but i cheaped on adding crab meat and the winner did not.. yes to the abdminal pains but they were from being over served
    ·
    bill,

Do you mean the handle wire? stike is helpin' me find the mic so I'll be back ;)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    You can be so cruel.
    Kids today.....
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
    Lob ball man

Steve 

Caledon, ON