Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Outdoor Kitchen w/ Egg

Options
Smokin' Padre
Smokin' Padre Posts: 85
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We are in the process of thinking of designs for an outdoor kitchen for our new home. I definitely want a roof over the island but am concerned that the smoke from the egg will most definitely discolor it. Has anyone seen or built a roofed outdoor kitchen with an egg incorporated into the set up?

Thanks in advance ~

Building Novice

Comments

• "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    My outdoor kitchen is still under construction,but it works for me :) I still can't wait to get the concrete counter tops poured so that I can install the sink,but I'm pretty happy for now :woohoo:

DSC_0037.jpg
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Options
    Ours is "under roof" with no problem. I did incorporate a 12 foot high ceiling and have ventilation from three sides. Smoke moves right out with wind, and without the ceiling fan circulates with the flick of a switch. Good luck!

DSC_0295.jpg
  • TRPIV
    TRPIV Posts: 278
    Options
    Wow. Both examples are stellar.

Nice digs boys.

Ted
  • Grillin Guy
    Grillin Guy Posts: 302
    Options
    As you can see, my ceiling is lower then Doug or Brads. I have noticed some discoloration just above the eggs. Not enough to make me want to rip it down and rebuild it (ha ha), but it's there.

IMG_0101.jpg
  • reader40
    reader40 Posts: 69
    Options
    Great pics of the patios.

I am definitely envious and will now probably have to think about redoing my patio ha ha.

Anyways...anyone have a fan outside to help with the smoke or would that even make enough of a difference?
  • Grillin Guy
    Grillin Guy Posts: 302
    Options
    I'm in south Mississippi. I have three ceiling fans and five free standing fans. They're not for the smoke, though. It's the only way you can cook outside during the summer months of May, June, July, August, September and most of October. :laugh: