Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3 morels in the hand are worth X in the bush!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
IMG_2157.jpg
I just finished mowing our lawn for the first time this year and while throwing some sticks into our woods I found these 3 black morels at the edge. Since those are normally forerunners in our area I'm hoping I'll soon find more - last year was a real disappointment here in these parts, but the mushroom season is looking up! Happy Hunting to all!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Congrats Ron. Wish you luck!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • pci
    pci Posts: 249
    Options
    Went today & looked for a hour came up empty. Its a little cool here & we need sun all it does is rain. If it ever gets warm I might need help to Carry my bag out.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Thanks - those are now cleaned, cut and soaking in water in the frig waiting for others!!! BTW after I posted this thread I went to a favorite spot but found no more - but I'm encouraged as we have several days forecasted of warm days and cool nights and of course the trees have not leafed out. Those things coupled with nearly 3" of rain this last 2 weeks we should be hearing 'rooms popping up!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Marc  from IL
    Options
    Should be an awesome year! I am guessing Ron. All this rain and warm weather to come...