Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Eggin in the gulf

dugdbugdugdbug Posts: 244
edited 4:32AM in EggHead Forum
DSC03300.jpgDSC03304.jpg

This is my first post;

Thanks to all of you for allowing me to lurk and learn.
These pics are from a vacation in Alabama three weeks ago. This was my first eggsposure to Boston Butt.
I now have an egg in my backyard in Canada!
I eggspect i will be adding more paraphanegglia as the summer unfolds.

Regards,
Doug the Bug in Barrie
·

Comments

• hizzonerhizzoner Posts: 182
    Where can I find info on the stainless steel bands and top?
    ·
  • dugdbugdugdbug Posts: 244
    I don't know about the custom stuff for marine use but the vessel is called Intimidator out of Gulf Shores
    ·
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Welcome Aboard!!
    "Intimidator" sounds like a name for a Sportfisher, but that aft deck dosen't look like one. What sort of boat is it??
    ·
    Can you tell from this picture?
    DSC02016.jpg
    ·
  • Looks like a Resmondo to me B)
    ·
    I googled the charter and turns out to be a 65 x 19 Sportfisher.
    ·
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Yea, it is a headboat, a very nice one indeed! Thanks :)
    ·
    Seems to me Cpt. Greene said there were two heads... :laugh:
    ·
  • LFGEnergyLFGEnergy Posts: 618
    That looks like something other than a BGE from the pics, but not sure. Hinge and top look different. That being said, the boat, cooker, and scenery look incredible!!! I am sure a great time was had by all.
    ·
    Its an egg all right, just customized with some stainless. You are right everyone had a gas, even the sharks were well fed
    DSC02040.jpg
    ·