Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cowboy Steak

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Central Market ran $5 off lb Cowboy Steaks today.This was 2 lbs and 3 inch...
photo-14.jpg
Set up on small for high heat and low to fire to start
photo-15.jpg
raised and lower heat to 375/400 to cook on new ss grill
photo-16.jpg
Used coffee rub.....
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Le Oeuf Vert
    Options
    That is 1 nice hunk of meat. Before and after the cook.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Good lookin steak on that grill. I think I will pay CM a visit. Do you drive down here (austin) to go the Central Mkt?
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Mickey
    Options
    Joan we are never in Austin w/o visit to CM or Wholefoods.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Nice lunch man!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey
    Options
    Thanks Steve, but my wife will help out eating it :laugh: Then some for a salad later....

• Mickey
    Options
    Mark I got the small one out of the case at the store...

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Those are sure nice looking steaks. Wow.

Kent
  • Mickey
    Options
    Kent you just got to move to Texas :laugh:

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Bet that was great Mickey!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    You must go to the CM on Lamar. I bet you will be happy when WF is built in the Domain. Going to the WF mothership on Lamar and 6th is such a PIA :angry: ...if they blew up that intersection it would be an improvement. :laugh:
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Mickey
    Options
    Molly you would win.... It was out of site....

• Mickey
    Options
    Joan we go to the WF Mothership because of the best book store in Texas is next door...

• Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Options
    Very nice Mickey
    I need one of those :laugh:

Shane
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Hey Mickey you should organize Salado at least twice a year
  • Mickey
    Options
    Shane I bet one is all you can eat :ohmy:

• Mickey
    Options
    Beli I will call Will and get your room ready my friend :woohoo:

• lewis
    lewis Posts: 14
    Options
    Was it as good as it looked ?
    Nice job
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Mickey, never heard of a Cowboy Steak - but it sure makes me wanna be a cowboy!!! WOW!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Options
    That's a chunk of meat Mickey!
  • Mickey
    Options
    Al I am just trying to copy the hunks you have been posting.

• Mickey
    Options
    Lewis it was. Took two of us and still a little left.

• Mickey
    Options
    Michael I think it is ribeye. Very good and looks good as well.
    This was the smallest one in the case.

• Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Options
    Good lord, that's a side of beef Mick!
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Oh yeah - it DOES look good! :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Nice chunk of cow.
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Options
    Mickey, I'm thinking the small towns have the best meat markets! Never seen anything that sumptuous in my metropolis. And I LOVE leftover steak in a salad...almost as good as the first cooked steak.
    Judy in San Diego