Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

prime rib, scallop potatos and squash

outrageousoutrageous Posts: 529
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
saw all the posts on prime rib last couple of weeks, so here is my first one.. turned out great with a side order of cheese scallop potatos, and crook neck squash, zuccini and vidalia onions.

seasoned ready to go on small egg

2011-04-22_16-11-02_626.jpg

ready to come off egg

2011-04-22_18-23-02_325.jpg

scallop potatos, onions and cheese

2011-04-22_17-15-13_681.jpg

off the large egg, ready to be plated

2011-04-22_17-54-52_934.jpg

plated with the squash

2011-04-22_18-55-56_304.jpg
·

Comments

• All looks great especially the potatoes.
    ·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,429
    What a beautiful looking roast! Sure looks great the way you did it.
    How about, what size? Temp? Time?
    Hungry minds want to know............

;)
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,304
    I am a sucker for a good prime and cheesy potatoes squash runs a distant 3rd

A clink of the snifter glass to a good looking meal. :cheer:

5594171832_0acd81f90f.jpg
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,834
    That is a thing of beauty! I would love to hear the recipe for those taters.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • outrageousoutrageous Posts: 529
    john, it was a five lb. roast,,, i put it indirect on the small on 500 to start off with... then reduced to 350.. cooked about 2 hrs.... next time, i think i will reduce to lower temperature and cook slower and longer. i followed couple of receipes on the wonderful forum. prime rib was pretty darn good but the cheese scallop potatoes were over the top, we scraped the bottom of the pan on the potatoes, mighty tasty.. B)
    ·
  • outrageousoutrageous Posts: 529
    looked up the scallop potatoes on the food network page.... basicly, heat up a pan, put butter on bottom, cover with potatoes, onions and cheese, and garlic powder and pepper,, then put another layer of potatoes on top, with butter,cheese. pour half and half over and bring to boil for about 4-5 mins. then onto to egg at 425 for about 30-40 mins. i used combination of four different cheeses.
    ·
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Fantastic meal! Our Winn Dixied has prime rib roast on sale this week - I think it's time I took the plunge too. Thanks for posting the pics.... :)
    ·
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Very nice
    Plated pic is excellent :)

Shane
    ·
  • Looks great to me......an egged rib roast is hard to beat.
    ·