Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ono Ono Chicken Thighs

Options
TRPIV
TRPIV Posts: 278
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello Gang,

Tonight I made Ono Ono Chicken Thighs using the recipe posted by 'Da Kine Green BBQ (Wayne).

Made them per the recipe. I used Sake instead of sherry and I eyeballed the sesame sauce. I used closer to 1/4 cup there. I also added 1 TBSP of toasted sesame seeds into the marinade.

Came out FANTASTIC.

IMG_6292.JPG

IMG_6293.JPG

We'll add this one to the rotation.

Thanks Wayne!

Ted

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Great looking thighs. :P
  • bees
    bees Posts: 335
    Options
    Nice thighs. Did that one with a piece missing suffer a tasting?
  • TRPIV
    TRPIV Posts: 278
    Options
    Ha! Nah. The wife wanted me to cut it to see if they were done. She didn't trust my TLAR (That looks about right) method of cooking them.

From when I put the chicken on until I snapped the photo, I had not opened the egg. It was about 30 mins or so. The thighs were mostly done, except for that large one. It needed a few more minutes. (Notice how the juices were still kind of pinkish)

Trying to figure out what to cook tonight. :)
  • Da Kine Green BBQ
    Options
    Ted -

Eggcellent! Yes, I used sake when I make this. . . I may try Jack Daniel's one day. . . .

You can boil the marinade (to kill any possible germs from the raw chicken) and then use it to cook veggies and even some Oscar Meyer weiners! try boiling some squash with the marinade - really good!!!

Glad to see your pictures!

Mahalo,
    wayne
    da kine green bbq