Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Rudy's Rub and Sause-TX

TNmikeTNmike Posts: 643
edited 12:37PM in EggHead Forum
I've been in the Houston, TX area for work and took a friend of mine out to dinner. He's not an egghead but does like to grill and smoke and knew I like to do the same so he gave me some rub and sause he likes to use. It's Rudy's from New Braunfels, TX he said it had a little 'bite' to it. Has anyone ever used them before? Can't wait to get home and try it. Mike

DSC01416.jpg
·

Comments

• SlotmercenarySlotmercenary Posts: 1,071
    Greetings,
    We have two of their stores here in ABQ. They turn out an awesome X-Lean brisket and smoked turkey breast. I don't particularly care for their ribs or primerib but they have a consistent product. The "bite" is noticeable between that and their "sissy" sause but I use it on a regular basis and eat there a couple times a month.
    Now if you are looking for "bite" we can fix you up here in NM....
    ·
  • My manager has used it, and LOVES IT!! He actually has people bring it back to IOWA when they are in TX and can get over to that area. I have tried some of his brisket with it, and yummmmmmyyy. Be carefull the choice of meat you put it on, might be overpowering. I think beef is what I personally would stick with when using it.
    ·
  • DAC2DAC2 Posts: 66
    I use both all the time. Both are great products!!Enjoy
    ·
  • TNmikeTNmike Posts: 643
    I think he thought that being from TN I might not be used to sauses with a 'bite'and was giving me a warning. I can handle it pretty well but do have a limitation factor that might be a little lower than average in your area. :)
    ·
    Thanks, I was wondering what it would go best with.
    ·
    Thanks for the info. I allways like trying rubs and sauses from different regions. I'll have to give it a try when I get home this weekend. I see they have a web site and it can be ordered online. Mike
    ·
  • Been to Rudy's a few times in Corpus but don't think I have tried their sauce.

They have a creamed corn recipe that is outstanding. Here it is:
    http://www.food.com/recipe/rudys-creamed-corn-317495
    ·
    Thanks Frank. I love creamed corn and that one looks good and easy. Mike
    ·
  • rndmtjrndmtj Posts: 1
    I love Rudy's BBQ.
    Good thing its only 10 minutes from my place.

I have yet to use the Rub but I can tell you the sauce is amazing.

-TJ
    ·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    dsc03167aL.jpg

Hmmm, they've gone to longneck bottles 'eh? I've used Rudy's Rub and Sause for years. It's actually the only store-bought sauce I'm not afraid to serve without tweaking, or thinning out. It puts the "B" in my burnt ends. Heheheeee. I actually met Doc about 7 or 8 years ago (before the franchise deal went down), he was quite the gentleman.

ccb419b3.jpg
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
  • Retired from Corpus Christi, 4 years agao . Where in Corpus is Rudy,s, want to go there
    Thanks
    ·
  • New Braunfels, TX. is where I tryes there Brisket. I gave it a A +. He started out in a gas station in Leon Springs just north of San Antonio. Great on Beef, Pork and Turkey
    ·
    On their web site they still show the same type of bottle as on your table in the picture. My bottle was a gift and I had not seen them before so don't know if mine is new or real old. Maybe my friend was unlosding some of his old stock. :) Mike
    ·