Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Would someone please pull the plug

Options
Austin  Egghead
Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just awakened by a tremendous gust of wind hitting the house. :huh:
The wind had been non stop since yesterday. :angry:
Won’t fire up the large egg today, could set the hill ablaze. :ohmy: Looks like small will may get the workout.
I was hoping to test some recipes I might cook at the Texas Eggfest.
Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx

Comments

• fdxegger
    fdxegger Posts: 69
    Options
    The wind was gusting to 20mph last night in Round Rock, The BGE needed no help getting started. Central Texas would burn like a match if a fire got started.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    We have that in Salado, sure going to miss the breeze in about 3 or 4 weeks....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Well it has been that way for a couple of month's on Oklahoma. Yesterday we had 50mph gusts and 20-30 mph winds..

Sucks because we can't use our eggs.. :angry:
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    Sure hope we can light a few at the OKC Eggfest next weekend :ohmy: :ohmy:
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    I dont mind a gentle breeze, but this is not gentle. :blink: The metal ash pail was tossed across the yard.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    We are thinking about putting up a windmill instead of solar panels, just need to get the HOA approval.
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Super windy in the upper midwest as well. Was gonna smoke a couple of racks of ribs today, but don't wanna burn the neighborhood down.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Serial Griller
    Serial Griller Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Here in Colorado we only received about 1/3 of our moisture this winter.We are on stage 2 fire restrictions meaning no firing up the egg :(
    The restrictions started last week.Last summer we were'nt allowed to fire up the egg for 42 staight days.It could be a long summer.There have been around 30 fires so far compared to 3 about the same time in previous years.The winds have reached 75MPH in some places.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    We need rain too.
    I know how you feel. :( I never once fired up the large the last 2 summers . Egg withdrawal is hell! :angry: That is why I got a small and put it on the covered porch.