Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wood Mates on the XL?

Pork N SteinPork N Stein Posts: 154
edited 7:11AM in EggHead Forum
Getting ready to add some wood Mates to my XL, anyone had any problems with them or have any tips to share?

Also, I have the stock XL cover, does it fit ok over the Mates well?
Large BGE and a couple non-greenies
Roanoke TX
·

Comments

• thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    They were pretty easy to install. However I put mine on when I assembled the XL. I believe you will have to take off the lower band and install the longer bolts that come with the mates. Also the cover does go over the mates without issue.
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
    ·
  • Fantastic, thanks Dave! Are you pretty happy with them? Do they affect the stability of the egg at all when in use?
    Roanoke TX
    ·
  • jaymag_87jaymag_87 Posts: 108
    I'm very happy with my XL Eggmates, and haven't had any stability issues.

Good luck.
    ·
  • Picked up the new Mates and installed them yesterday, the cover went on, but it's TIGHT. I'm hoping the pointed areas of the Mates don't poke through.
    Roanoke TX
    ·