Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gulf Coast Egg Fest 2011 advice

Options
jimmyhat1978
jimmyhat1978 Posts: 33
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife and I have decided that for our aniversary this year we want to attend the Gulf Coast Egg Fest and come home with one of the demo eggs. Can anyone advise how you go about purchasing a Demo Egg prior to the event? I have tried calling the Great Grills and More store line, but gotten a combination of voice mail and number disconnected notices. I think I may be dialing an old number. I realize this is last minute, but I would like to get this settled prior to the event since we are both excited to get "cooking". Also any advice on where to stay and what the ettiqute for one of these events is would be appreciated.
Medium BGE, Japanese Konro, NOLA proud.

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    I've got to leave the puter for a while in a few minutes but the email addy for the dealer is grategrills@cableone.net .
    Wallyjar bought a demo and will pick it up at the fest, maybe he can fill you in.
  • wallyjar
    wallyjar Posts: 123
    Options
    Click on eggfest central at top of forum and banners will come up with links.

2nd annual gulf coast eggfest. Banner will get you to registration page and you can order demo at time of registration.

If does not work wallyjar@yahoo.com and I will send you web address
  • JTA
    JTA Posts: 3
    Options
    I stand corrected,

Jack
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    Just talked with Bobbyb, who is from the Coast and helped with the Fest last year. Though Grate, Grills and More is suffering with the economy, he said the owner and fest sponsor, George, is planning to pull off the Fest.

A friend and I have reservations and will be there cooking (come rain or shine). :laugh:

I think you should try the suggestions above. I got an email this week from George saying the registration closes April 6. Use 'grategrills@cableone.net' to contact George.

Good luck and I hope to meet you and your wife in two weeks ! :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    I've been by the new location at Courthouse road. They have moved from their old location on Pass Road. Since the website was all about the old location they might have taken it down to rework it. I'm wondering if this is their new grand reopening. To sen them emails the address is grategrills@cableone.net
  • Geo
    Geo Posts: 53
    Options
    Eggfest IS on 101%. Our web site is under construction and we are changing our domain host as well. Phone has been a problem too. Even though we are still in Gulfport, same area code , the powers that be at AT&T would not let us trunk our existing line & number to the new location. Phew! Ready for Eggfest. Good eats with great people.
    George
  • wallyjar
    wallyjar Posts: 123
    Options
    Looking forward to tasting all sorts of good food and bringing home my large egg