Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Humpty Dumpty

Don MarcoDon Marco Posts: 287
edited 12:37AM in EggHead Forum
:ohmy:

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All the king's horses and all the king's men
Couldn't put Humpty together again.

:( :( :(

57_P1070371_Small_1.jpg

Birthday Party + drunk guest + moving medium Egg = R.I.P

DM
www.don-marcos-bbq.de
·

Comments

• Ouch! He/she gonna help pay for a new one?
    ·
  • DrZaiusDrZaius Posts: 1,481
    That sucks
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
    ·
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    that sucks man...
    context is important :)
    ·
  • Bulldog MomBulldog Mom Posts: 242
    That blows, i hope it was a great party!
    ·
  • Jupiter JimJupiter Jim Posts: 1,625
    Oh that is just a sad sight,so sorry for your losss. :( Were you moving it in a nest or just carrying it? I don't think JB Weld is going to help.
    Jupiter Jim
    I'm only hungry when I'm awake!
    ·
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Dang Don, that hurts! :pinch: That may void the warranty. I know it's not easy to get that replaced given your location. Break out the JB Weld.
    ·
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Oh no....my sympathies. :(
    ·
  • WWSisWWSis Posts: 1,448
    I know "humpty dumpty" in the post title can never be good :( :ohmy: what a major bummer - my dog knocked over my mini and I was able to salvage it; just doesn't look nice. I hope you can get a new one soon. :)
    ·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    ach du lieber...
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,345
    Ouch! So sorry for your loss. Bummer!
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • paphmanpaphman Posts: 21
    This seems like a photo one would show on April 1st. Rereading the post I see there is no direct reference to this being the medium egg that was broken. Also to my eyes the proportions just do not seem correct. Could it be that the broken egg is only about 6 inches tall?

JT
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    Like has been said humpty dumpty in the heading is just not a good sign.. and your location makes it worse :( hope they help with the replacement :( or at least are cut off from egg food for awhile. I can not remember, do you only have one egg? Hope you are not cut off too :(
    ·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    That is sad. :pinch: :(
    ·
  • thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    sad sight..sorry
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
    ·
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    I have a extra medium dome if you were closer...Sorry about the crash. :(
    Larry
    ·
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Ouch, I hate to see these pics :(
    Sorry for your loss
    Hope you can get a replacement soon :)

Shane
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,406
    Don That hurts my gut when I see that.
    Sorry.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • EggsakleyEggsakley Posts: 1,014
    As many times as we see posts like this, it still shakes me up to see them. I feel for you brother. Hope a new one is in the works :(
    ·
  • Sorry for your loss, I had a large a couple of years ago that met a similar fate.
    Large BGE and a couple non-greenies
    Roanoke TX
    ·
  • roosterrooster Posts: 252
    BUMMER
    ·
  • ShedFarmShedFarm Posts: 499
    I cringe, every time I see one of these photos. Was only the dome broken, or are there other casualties, outside of view of the picture?
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
    ·
  • Well, that just stinks. Was it only the top dome, or the whole thing?

I hope you can get a replacement soon.
    ·
  • EGGARYEGGARY Posts: 1,222
    Never did like Humpty Dumpty. I hope that isn't your only EGG. That really suck.
    ·
  • Ouch! How deep did you bury the Body?
    ·
  • MemphisQueMemphisQue Posts: 610
    Ouch...hope your guests realizes the gravity of his error and offers to help out on a replacement.
    ·
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,687
    outch that hurts man :pinch:

fortunately since you're the official German importer and distributor i suppose you can get a replacement quick and 'cheap' :P

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1053484&catid=1

Gary
    canuckland
    ·
  • ranger rayranger ray Posts: 812
    what a horror!..... my condolences!.... rr
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Don, Sorry to hear the bad news. I'm sure your guest feels really bad. Especially if they learn of the replacement cost. I know I would be very embarrassed and want to compensate fast. It looks like just the dome unless there is another pile some where else. Might as well get a large now. Keep your cool. This too shall pass. ;)
    ·
  • Dimple's MomDimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Bummer! Kinda ruins the party, huh?

We had a party several years ago where someone we didn't know decided to move the egg and tipped it over. When I told him to leave it alone and I would get it back upright, he kept insisting on trying to do it. I had to end up yelling at him. I think he thought I was the b word but really, hadn't he done enough? Luckily it wasn't broken.
    ·
  • MemphisQueMemphisQue Posts: 610
    Glad I have a full table. It would take a lot for someone to knock mine over.
    ·