Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bypassing Atlanta

thegrillsterthegrillster Posts: 348
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Hey Atlanta friends. I am going to Florida in april and I always get into Atlanta in evening rush hour.

Just seems to be the timing from my home in Illinois and I don't really want to leave earlier or later.

Any suggestions for bypassing the city on a two lane and not losing a lot of time.

Please include exit numbers and routes.

thanks
·

Comments

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,806
    Can you get over to I-95 somewhere before Atlanta and come straight down to the Sunshine Fest?

http://www.onlineatlas.us/interstate-highways.htm
    ·
  • I can get to 95 easily but quite a bit out of the way.
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    I assume you come down I-75 thru TN into GA? If so then the answer really is no there isn't much better way as side roads will not be much better. I might suggest taking I-285E towards Macon then I-675S to I-75, but honestly if you are at rush hour you really are *$@#ed....

Drive safe and stay out of the fast lanes unless you will drive 80MPH or faster...seriously. :pinch: :S
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,806
    Maybe catch it closer to Atlanta, I have fought that traffic a few times during rush hour and prefer living here in Florida near the ocean. Knoxville or some place like that.
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Take 285 across the top? Are you nuts???
    ·