Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Flatiron Fajitas with Pickled Onions & Chimichuri

BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
edited 1:26AM in EggHead Forum
Today I grilled a flatiron on my small

13-03-11Flatiron1.jpg

13-03-11Flatiron2.jpg

and then added some homemade chimichuri and pickled red onions for some killer fajitas.

13-03-11ChimichuriPickledOnions.jpg
·

Comments

• ForniaFornia Posts: 451
    Looks great Bob!!! I love those flat irons. Another great use for them! I'm also a big fan of pickled onions and chimichurri. Awesome stuff there!
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    NICE! :) I gotta give that a go.
    ·
  • Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    I wish I had been standing there with a fresh baked roll in my hand while you were cutting that flat iron up. That juice makes for some good soppin! B)
    ·
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    I've only in the last 6 months had a flat iron steak and both times I really liked it.

Looks great! us a sham-wow to soak up those juices ;)
    context is important :)
    ·
  • smoky bsmoky b Posts: 648
    Great looking steak bob!
    ·
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
    awesomeness!
    ·
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Looks good
    I am going to give the pickled onions a try :)

Shane
    ·
  • BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    Thanks for the comments folks. I will post the recipe for the pickled onions.
    ·