Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

What's the Deal with the Seal?

haymanhayman Posts: 25
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I spent $1100 + on my new XL BGE two weeks ago. Made a brisket, a shoulder, two steaks and two pizzas.

I did the recommended three burns at 300 degrees before going for the Pizza temp, was told that cures the glue on the seal.

Last night while doing my second pizza I noticed a smell and as I'm removing my pizza I see the seal is smoking away. I also think that smell cooked into the pizza.

Now I have to replace the seal?? This makes no sense that the BGE Co. would sell these things with this known problem.

Now I have to mail order a new seal or travel 50 miles to buy one from a BGE dealer.

Any recommendations or tips in replacing this thing? Any other alternative to the seal?

Frustrated in PA.

Bill

Comments