Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

herb butter roast

SmokinJSmokinJ Posts: 220
edited 10:19PM in EggHead Forum
Hello,
So Im trying to make a butter herb for a sirloin roast. I mixed butter and herbs but I can't get the butter mixture to stick to the roast? Any Ideas?

Thanks
·

Comments

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,878
    Is the butter softened or melted?, softened works for me.

Butter, Compound, Herb, Basic

Use as many different herbs as you like. If you wish, add a squeeze of lemon or orange juice or some finely minced garlic.

INGREDIENTS:
    8 Tbs ( 1/4 LB) unsalted butter, at room temperature, beaten until light and fluffy.
    2 Tbs to 1/2 C finely chopped, loosely packed, fresh herbs (such as basil, chive, marjoram, mint, chervil, parsley, thyme, rosemary, tarragon, dill or a combination)
    Salt to taste

Procedure:
    1 In a small bowl using a wooden spoon or a standing mixer with a paddle attachment, combine all of the ingredients until thoroughly incorporated.

Servings: 1

Recipe Type
    Butter

Recipe Source
    Source: BBQ List, Unknown
    ·
  • SmokinJSmokinJ Posts: 220
    I had it softened Maybe I was to anxious and it was still a little to cold. I used a sticck of blue bonnet. Not sure if that matters. Plus I didn't beat with mixer. I will try your recipe next time and will get some unsalted butter. Thanks.

Thanks.
    ·