Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Long time viewer, 1st time poster...

Options
gs300
gs300 Posts: 24
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I would guess that subject has been used before but here I am. Live in Florida, north of the Tampa area a few miles, and have had my large egg for a few years now. I got it based on a recommendation from the builder of my outdoor kitchen. He wondered what I was going to do with my ratty looking verticle metal smoker once he finished building my nice masonry kitchen complete with grill, fridge, and sink. The project was being done at the request of the wife who wanted to tidy up the deck. I went and looked at one, went on-line and found you guys, and decided what the hey. We redesigned the project and included a large egg. Never looked back. Love this thing. Love the grill also, btw.

It took me way too long to buy a BBQ Guru. Makes me wonder how long people resisted electricity, cars and other improvments to life. What a great gizmo this thing is. Especially to the beginning of the cook. No more major over shooting and ramping back. For those of you who haven't done it yet, birthdays and fathers' day are coming. Work on your begging skills.

Prepped the egg yesterday evening for todays cook. Full bowl and 2 sticks of lighter split and put in four locations. Partailly opened two 7.5 lb. bostons and filled the bags with Mogo and set them to marinade overnight. Up at 4 this morning and lit the sticks. By the time I removed the meat from the fridge and got them ready the fire was well underway.

I dusted them with some butt rub for good measure. I boiled the residual mogo and added some water so the drip pan started warm and by 4:35 they were on and by 5 the egg was at 250. Hasn't moved since.

They are both in the plateau range now which is my favorite time. Just hanging out, drinking some beer and smoking a cigar. Florida is nice this spring. Great egging weather.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Thanks for helping me all these years and I will try to assist others now that I have an ID.

GS

PS: Some links to pictures of the kitchen with the egg.

http://outdoorkitchenmagician.com/Gallery/Kitchens/P1010009_1

http://outdoorkitchenmagician.com/Gallery/Kitchens/P1010003_3

Comments