Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Twitter ???

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am looking at Twitter. Found BGE and Egg Head Forum
@EggheadForum
Is this "Egg Head Forum" on Twitter the same as this forum?
I am not getting very far with Twitter, but sure not looking like "our" forum????
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• cookingdude555
    Options
    No, it's not. This forum is pretty dated, no twitter or rss feeds or anything like that.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I don't twitter...or tweet...or whatever they call it; but I think they restrict the length of your messages. You are only allowed to post brief messages (200 characters or so). You can only say annoying things like "Going to the grocery store" or "Just move a load from the washer to the dryer."

Man, I must be getting old.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    yes, they are. The webmasters set up the twitter feed a while back, but I don't think it's used very often.
  • Fidel
    Options
    The EggheadForum and BigGreenEggInc are the "official" twitter feeds.

http://twitter.com/EggheadForum

http://twitter.com/BigGreenEggInc
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Any idea as to the "why" of them?
    They are called the same, but nothing like this forum?
    Very few and very dated posts.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Fidel
    Options
    they were created when twitter was all the rage - I have to assume as a way to broadcast any "breaking news" of the egg world - eggfest updates, cooking classes, etc. so on and so forth.

good initiative, just didn't pan out in execution.
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Options
    If you're at all interested in sausage making or curing your own meats, you should check out #charcutepalooza
  • deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    Options
    i don't tweet daily, but when i do, @deepsouthegging
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Options
    I really only use it as a means to follow people like Ruhlman, delGrosso, Bayless, and a few friends. I never tweet, except in response to others. But I've gotten very helpful answers to questions I've asked of Ruhlman and Bayless.
  • Fornia
    Fornia Posts: 451
    Options
    I've been active on Twitter for a few months now, have never seen any activity from either of those 2 BGE handles.

I follow them both, so I'd know if something came through.

I don't like Facebook at all, but twitter is a great resource for info., recipes, news, and sports (fantasy football people would love it).

I'm also amazed at how many BBQ teams, Products, and enthusiasts use it frequently.

It also helps pass some down time!
  • BigBadger
    Options
    I thought, "What the hell" and started a Twit account.... biggest waste of time ever. The forums I 'followed' sent abbreviated versions of the same posts I subscribed to...... PLUS, about a million extra tweets pretty much about nothing. :blink: All of it went to my Blackberry phone because if I didn't catch it then it would take forever to catch up on at home on my computer. Some people Love Twitter and I guess if you have nothing but extra time on your hands it's probably great for them. I dropped the account due to lack of spare time...... love that Facebook though! B)
  • Fornia
    Fornia Posts: 451
    Options
    BigBadger wrote:
    Some people Love Twitter and I guess if you have nothing but extra time on your hands it's probably great for them. I dropped the account due to lack of spare time...... love that Facebook though! B)

Ha!!! I love this!
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Options
    That's pretty funny. If I decide I need to catch up on everything, it would take me far longer to do so on facebook, than on twitter. I only follow a dozen people or so on twitter, and many of them only tweet rarely. There's lots more activity on my facebook. I guess it's all about how you manage it.