Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-indoor gas cooktop recomendation

Options
Smokin' not stirred
Smokin' not stirred Posts: 301
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey ladies and gents, my wife and I are building a home and I get to create my kitchen. Looking for input from those of you who have gas cooktops. What brand and pros and cons. I'll take a friend of a friend comments as well. Thanks for your help in advance. J.

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Large. It has more accessories. :laugh:

A friend of mine has a DCS that he seems to like. I haven't talked to him about it in a while so I don't know how it's holding up, but the times we have discussed it, he was pleased. Don't know what model though.

Good luck, and congrats on the kitchen!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Smokin' not stirred
    Options
    Thanks Michael. I was actually looking at the DCS, Wolf, or Dacor. Thought with all the cooks here people might have strong opinions one way or the other but I guess not. Maybe I'll install 6 mini's for the "6 burner range" I am looking for with a high powered hood.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I really didn't have much input, but I did have a little something. Saw the thread languishing so I thought I'd bump it. Surely someone here has something!

I know Steven has a Wolf, but it's a range, not a cooktop. Fish has a LaCanche, but same story. Those guys are the only ones I know about.

For the price of 6 minis and a range hood, you're thousands ahead! Gotta buy the hood anyway and you can probably get a volume discount on the eggs! :laugh:

Don't forget the wood-fired pizza oven!

Oh, one more thing... I have this book and it has pics of the home kitchens of a couple dozen chefs. At the end of the book, it lists the brand of appliances each uses. The cover pic is of Robert Del Grande's kitchen. LOVE the wood fired grill to the right!! His range is a Thermador.

51c6VVeDpFL.jpg

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Smokin' not stirred
    Options
    I have a Pro Thermador now in my current home. $ burner and grill. Got it for free cause it had a small ding in the corner that you can barely see (my friend use to run the warehouse at Yale electric in Ma.). I like it but the thing is getting temperamental. That kitchen looks awesome, love the wood grill. Does he live in a retractable dome???? Thanks again.