Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Got new Maverick ET 732

MickeyMickey Posts: 16,505
edited 9:41PM in EggHead Forum
Got new ET 735 and noticed the barbecue probe has a blunted end and a clip to put it on grill.
Has anyone thought of just pulling thermometer from egg and sticking this end in the hole where the thermometer was???????
Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

Comments

• 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Mickey, I have done that or, I have an alligator clip I put on the end and clipped it to the dome thermometer as well. Lucky Dog. ;)
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,505
    Tim would being in the hole be better as that is the temp you are (I am) used to working with? Or ?????
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    I would say yes. The dome probe in your egg has a notch in it just up from the point. That is where I clip my probe to and maybe that is how far you place it in the hole. You may even want to stabilized your egg with your dome probe then pull it out and slip your ET-732 probe in the hole and see what it reads. Assuming they will read the same when checked. ;)
  • does 732 read both dome and meat.2 temp probes?
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,162
    Yes
    Large, Small, and a LOT of Eggcessories!  Southlake, TX
  • Email notice that mine shipped today ! WooHoo !
  • I dont have anything like that, but it sure looks like it would make things alot easier, why you could get some sleep like that,or mama could watch soaps or talk on the phone while cooking.
  • GandolfGandolf Posts: 878
    Mickey, that's what I do. Works great.
  • Got e-mailed today that mine shipped yesterday. Can't wait to get it. Then, it's gonna be all nighters for butts and briskets!!