Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Friday filets, romaine and rice-stuffed red pepps

WWSisWWSis Posts: 1,448
edited 10:52AM in EggHead Forum
Hope everyone had a good week! We had lots of snow of course... It was 23 tonight when grilling - totally doable! :lol: :silly: Grilled up some romaine - honestly one of my very favorite things on the egg. I made up some mixed rice, added minced shallots, shrooms and capers, then stuffed a beautiful big red pepper; topped with sprig of rosemary. Two nice filets, and dinner was done! The pepper/rice combo was excellent! For whatever reason the peppers were less than $2 a pound tonight at the store so I went from there... Included a pic of Tucker on our snow bank - he LOVES the snow! :P Have a great weekend all - go Steelers! :whistle: :lol:
c217a3a6.jpg
db2d3226.jpg
245e37d3.jpg
1ee5dd39.jpg
8aa54178.jpg
6bc7fa29.jpg
·

Comments

• I wanna eat at your house! Great looking cook, and super-fine looking dog. Was any of that meat a part of his diet tonight?
    ·
  • WWSisWWSis Posts: 1,448
    DynaG... Thanks! And yes, he did have a little snack or two...or three... :lol:
    ·
  • Julia,
    Tucker looks like he should be in a postcard!
    We are having rice stuffed red peppers, too!
    With some minced green lipped mussels from a meal earlier in the week ;)
    Hubby cook the steaks?
    Kari
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,393
    Nice meal Julia!
    Tucker, Tucker, Tucker...hanging out on a mountain of snow...so dang cute!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Julia, Tucker seems to like it outside while your cook delicious meals. :P
    ·
  • Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    Julia: Everything looks great!! And I, too, absolutely love the grilled romaine. Have 8 heads here to do for our Superbowl crowd! I still feel that folks that think they don't like it, haven't had it cooked right. ;) :laugh: Enjoy the game!
    ·
    Kari, thanks. I did it all tonight...as usual he was an integral part though..."honey, can you fire up the small for me?" :laugh:
    ·
    Thanks, Molly... He is irresistable! :)
    ·
    Tim, thanks! Tucker truly loves the snow...he actually lays he head down and sleeps in it, snuggles right in. :side: :)
    ·
    Thanks, Michelle. Yea, the smokey warm flavor....yumm! I do it often when I have company. :)
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    The meal looks great BUT TUCKER!! he is so wonderful!!! what a handsome boy he is now. hard to believe that monster is the same puppy I cuddled before LOL
    ·
    Julie, HI! Hope your winter is going well! LOL - if you only knew the puppy habits he still has! :woohoo: We sooo love him...he is still a lapdog... Literally!
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    You knocked it outta da park on that one!Beautiful cook.The puppy makes me laugh. :laugh: ........What is a Steeler??? :huh: ;)
    ·
    Thanks, Hoss! Tucker keeps us entertained...I will forgive that last question! :) :laugh:
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Julia great cook & snow pics .......well ..... acfually too much snow for
    me keep it there :laugh:
    ·
    Beli, thanks. We are used to the snow... :) :S Hope it warms up for you down there!
    ·
  • how old is Tucker now--about a year and a half?
    ·
    Kari, yes, he is 17 months old.
    ·
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Wonderful meal....Tucker must really love the snow! Can't imagine living in that climate - but it is very beautiful... :)
    ·
  • Great looking meal!
    ·
  • 23 is do-able huh?

It looks so good. Keep it up.
    ·