Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bone in loin end chops 1 inch thick

Options
2Fategghead
2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After eating one of these monster chops I feel good and full. :P There aren't enough adjectives to describe how good these bad boys are.

I went to the store for some thick cut pork chops. I looked but didn't find any so I talked to the butcher and "Butch" said I can cut you some. I went back there with him and he pulled out what he said was bone in loin ends. I said cut them one inch thick. He said how many. I said 10. He said $1.39 a pound. I said no problem. I kept two out for tonight's cook and put them in my quick marinader for an hour with a batch of low sodium flavor brine. I foodsaver the rest. So here there are.

000_2525.jpg

000_2527.jpg

000_2528.jpg

A little dizzy dust after they came out of the brine.

000_2529.jpg

Down low for the sear. I did 6 min's per side.

000_2530.jpg

Then I put them up high on the AR. I did not time the dwell I did pull them off when the IT reached 155F.

Here is my plate pic. I couldn't resist the type measure.

These suckers were out of this world. ;) They all have a big chunk of tenderloin in each one as well. Along with the bone and fat and dizzy dust and flavor brine there was plenty of flavor and juice. Oh yea the rice was good too. :laugh:

000_2533.jpg

Comments