Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mo Jo sauce

Options
Hook
Hook Posts: 11
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was given a gallon of Mo Jo sauce for Christmas. Never having used this before, how and where should I use this sauce?

Comments

• wdan
    wdan Posts: 261
    Options
    Hook,
    My experience with it has been that it is an excellent alternative sauce for standard pulled pork (American recipe) BBQ sauces. I was actually going to put up another post on what to do with leftover Mojo. Last night I found it to be an outstanding accompaniment with egged fish...both as a 1/2 hour marinade and a pour-over sauce...Fishlessman, are you out there?

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    WDAN,
    ive still got some mojo sauce, maybe a seafood casserol, haddock shrimp scallops lobster.lay thin in a paella pan and sprinkle some bread crumbs and ritz cracker crumbs chopped celery and give it a heavey dose of that mojo sauce.maybe this weekend

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Rumrunner
    Rumrunner Posts: 563
    Options
    mojobutt9a.jpg
    <p />fishlessman, another good sauce for those Cuban sammiches is mixing the Mojo with mayo and then spreading on the buns.

• Rumrunner
    Rumrunner Posts: 563
    Options
    Hook, it's a good marinade for pork, chicken and fish.

• Hook
    Hook Posts: 11
    Options
    Rumrunner,Thanks will try it soon