Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

baby backs, grilled veggies & margaritas!

schmeetexschmeetex Posts: 69
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Want to make sure and send 2010 out in style (the year I was introduced to BGE)...so did a baby back rib cook today.

Thanks Car Wash Mike, you're always remembered in my house! Have switched to Dizzy Pig rubs and really like them. Dizzy Dust used here.

NewYearsribs002.jpg

Total cook time was 6 hours...here's how they looked halfway through.

NewYearsribs006.jpg

Time to finish with a light coating of Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory & Maple Sugar.

NewYearsribs009.jpg

My "finishing" trick is to put ribs in warmed cooler for at least 30 minutes. Gets the ribs nice and sticky and even more tender.

NewYearsribs011.jpg

Vegetables were baby portabella mushrooms, red & yellow peppers, green zuchini and red onion. Marinate for two hours in half cup of EVOO & balsamic vinegar. Cook for 20 minutes at 300 degrees.

NewYearsribs007.jpg

NewYearsribs012.jpg

NewYearsribs014.jpg

Frozen margaritas to make sure this is a well balanced meal!

NewYearsribs016.jpg

NewYearsribs018.jpg

Happy New Year. Make 2011 your best year yet!

SchmeeTex

Comments