Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

50/10 50/10 50/10 and that beat goes on!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,898
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
long story here - but after several days/nights of intense pain having a screwed up back I went back to my chiro that I haven't been back to in 6 years ... loooooooonng story, but part of it ended with my needing to use an ice pack every 50 minutes for a 10 minute period. Trust me...YOU don't have CLUE how often every 50 minutes rolls aground!!!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    Sorry to hear that Ron. Back pain is not a good thing to have. My doctor gave me an epidural that had me pain free for about four months. Then it wore off and I had a second injection that lasted a couple of months. Then a third that lasted a couple of weeks. Then the last one only lasted a few days.

That's when I decided on back surgery. That was last year. No pain at all now.

Highly recommend it if your back is out of whack.

Best of luck to you.

Spring "Pain In The Rear But Not The Back" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Knauf
    Knauf Posts: 337
    Options
    Back surgery is like eating Lays Potato chips. You can't have just one. Avoid the surgery until all options have been explored. try stretching exercises when you are able to move around in a few days.
  • TNmike
    TNmike Posts: 643
    Options
    I just had back surgery less than a month ago. No pain in the back now but maybe some damage to the nerve that was smashed with the rupture. It was the nerve that goes to my left thigh/knee area so now have pain and weakness there. Hopefully it will improve with time. So I would suggest checking out all options before you let them get the knife out.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    i gave up trying to fix my back years ago, i keep crutches in the truck and have a bottle of ib everywhere. everyone has advice, get a hard bed, soft bed, waterbed, ice packs, heating pads, pain patches, stretch before getting out of bed(this one took my back out for 9 months once, simply laying flat and pointing toes down, snap :blink: ) have hurt my back skiing, lifting, turning, picking up a hammer, tying my shoe, sneezing(this one is bad, my body straightens up, feet firmly planted straight ahead before sneezing, its an automatic thing now,i dont even think about it) i turned once and picked up a piece of paper, several months. in shape, outa shape, doesnt seem to make a difference for me. low doses ib starting before i hurt my back seems best for me, i almost know its going to happen hours before it does
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the back injury, hope you have a quick recovery. That ice packing at the back must be touture in itself.
  • RedBag
    RedBag Posts: 72
    Options
    HaHaHa…Same story here. You would think it would be related to physical activity. I have spent days on the back side of a chainsaw with no problem. Then one day wake up in the middle of the week without having done much physical for days and bam..can’t walk. My last episode was in church of all places. Got up felt great went to church. At the end of the service I could not get up. After 20 agonizing minutes I managed to get into a wheel chair so they could wheel my out to the car for my wife to drive me home. I’m still trying to figure out if that was some type of message.
    Prescription or non, there is nothing better than Advil. I have it everywhere.
  • eenie meenie
    Options
    Ron, so sorry to hear about your back pain. :( Hope you feel better soon.
  • bees
    bees Posts: 335
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your back. After 4 arm surgeries my wife still uses ice packs when a front blows through.We keep about 20 4x8 refreezable packs around.I'll send you some if you need them.
    Randy
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Options
    Ooph. That's rough, Ron. I threw my back out the weekend after I bought that meat grinder. No sausage yet for me. My back is fine, but I've got the side-effect of sciatic pain now. Seen an osteopath a few times, and about to start some physical therapy to try to calm things down. I'm usually fine all day, but about 8 o'clock in the evening I start hurting. Recovery is slow.

Do they have you taking ibuprofen to bring the inflammation down?
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    They don't prescribe anything - kinda touchy about talking medicine if you know what I mean. I've taken a few Advils on my own though. The second treatment today helped considerably more and then I had a 2 hour wait in the car dealer on a very nice but soft sofa that felt good at the time but I had to crawl out of it on my hands and knees when I tried to get up! At least at that point nobody was around to see me! I felt like a turtle must when on it's back...you know confused, embarrassed and frustrated! :laugh:
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.