Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Thanksgiving Turnovers (more leftovers)

Florida Grillin GirlFlorida Grillin Girl Posts: 4,371
edited 10:27AM in EggHead Forum
You need a can of biscuits:

PB283725.jpg

Roll them thin with a little flour and place some turkey, dressing and gravy on top. Before the gravy:

PB283722.jpg

This one had turkey, dressing, and cranberry sauce:

PB283729.jpg

Seal them up:

PB283726.jpg

Bake in oven or egg at 375 degrees for 17 minutes.
Came out perfect to hold in your hand and no mess whatsoever. Just make sure not to put too much liquid stuff inside.

PB283730.jpg

The one with cranberry sauce:

PB283733.jpg

The disinterested teenager liked them, and he doesn't like leftovers.
·

Comments

• BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    That was outstanding! How many biscuits did you roll together to make each one?
    ·
  • Bob, I used one biscuit, but rolled them out pretty thin, maybe a 5 or 6 inches in diameter.
    ·
  • Looks delicious & pretty!
    ·
  •  
    WOW Faith, those are beautiful and your photography is perfect!

Blair

·
  • BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    Thanks Faith -- I gotta try that.
    ·
  •  
    Very nice Faith!!! Looks great and one could do some fun twists with this.

Thanks for the post. Kent
    ·
  • WoodbutcherWoodbutcher Posts: 1,004
    Faith .. I hope you don't mind if I copy that. I've been thinking of a way to take left over turkey and fixings to work without making a big mess. Looks like you nailed it, thanks!
    ·
  • Awesome and creative! But at my house, there's usually no leftovers, except bones..... too many teenagers come to our holidays.

I gotta try that turn-over idea with **something stuffed inside** soon!
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Gonna try that tomorrow, great idea Faith
    ·
  • I came up with the idea during our "stuffed" throwdown last year. I think you can fill it will all kinds of good things.

Here is the original post about the "Stuffed" stuff:

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=761945&catid=1

I want to make some for an upcoming tailgate, maybe fill with sloppy joe meat??
    ·
  • Faith, what a good idea! :) Those would great to serve during a football game!

My leftovers are all gobbled up otherewise I'd give that a try.
    ·
  • jeffinsgfjeffinsgf Posts: 1,259
    Cool! Turkey Pot Pie, without the "Pot". :woohoo:
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,406
    They look like mini calzones Faith!! Way to go (for on the go)!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,333
    Faith, looks delicious; we've been doing cold turkey sandwiches only, & I've got one more day of leftovers left tomorrow. No biscuit dough though I suppose pizza dough would work - great idea, thanks. Marc
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,878
    to tell me that the kitchen would look like a snow storm, but great idea. Your reward is in the mail. LOL

TURKEYPOTPIEDSCN0575.jpg

BAKEDDSCN0576.jpg
    ·
  • Richard, my kitchen wasn't messy at all. I got flour on 1 dinner plate -I used about 1 heaping Tbsp. flour for each turnover.
    ·
  • Marc, I'm sure pizza dough would work. My leftovers are all gone now!
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,878
    That is great,but you do not live in my kitchen. Always something going on.
    ·
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Faith, you have hit it out of the park again! Those look great! :cheer:
    ·
  • Now that is a great idea! Thanks for posting
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    YUMYUMYUM! :) Could you make em smaller,deep fry them and call em empanadas?Just wonderin? :huh: They look divine! ;)
    ·
  • BigABigA Posts: 1,157
    great idea, i am going to try them!! :) :cheer:
    ·
  • pattikakepattikake Posts: 1,175
    Wow looking good, all I did with my leftover turkey was make turkey noodle soup. Great job.

Patti
    Wichita, KS
    ·