Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ham steaks

Big EBig E Posts: 50
edited 7:56AM in EggHead Forum
Just put a couple of ham steaks on indirect for a little smoke. Going to finish direct for grill marks. Any ideas on jazzing them up a little for the finish such as a glaze,maple syrup or any other advice would be greatly appreciated.
·

Comments

• 61chev61chev Posts: 539
    Would you happen to be from southwest IOWA?
    ·
  • BigE

If you have any whole grain mustard, mix it with Maple syrup and hot sauce(if you like) and brush on.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Big EBig E Posts: 50
    No I happen to be from IL.
    ·
    That is an interesting mix as long as it doesnt pack to much heat. Wife not big on spicey. What internal temp do you take it to?
    ·
  • Big E,

Are the ham steaks not cured and smoked already? I don't know if they are raw leg but I would think 145 to 150? If they are cured and smoked you are really just re-heating and putting sear marks on them.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    They are cured from the locker plant.
    ·