Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping SpringChicken

kolbdriver
kolbdriver Posts: 403
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK Leroy I have worn out the edge of my chair waiting the Plano video. What the deal pickle ?

. :whistle::whistle:

Comments

• Funny you should ask... I spent about 16 hours making three perfectly "great" movies, trying very hard to keep over 30 minutes of video and many photos to under 8 minutes (the point where most people get bored).

Each time I was hit with a message saying it ain't gonna happen. Turns out my free movie maker program is no good for heavy editing in Windows 7.

So I bought a new semi-amateur program that has lots of toots and whistles and is supposed to work on Windows 7. Well, it does and it doesn't. So I'm in the process of learning how to make it work.

Then my Internet connection went kuput. Spent time trying to fix it, then time being told how to fix it, and then ordered a service tech for tomorrow. Meanwhile, I patched it with an old modem. Can’t work on the movie without the Internet.

Rest assured, the end result will be presentable. But until then I'm not releasing the short version with all its pimples.

Meanwhile, we are up to our tail feathers in an on-going remodeling project. Most of my time is spent moving furniture, cleaning up messes or going after new stuff, almost all of it way more pricy than we expected.

Then there's the unforeseen surprises and problems like plumbing leaks, possum capturing, rat killing, wallpaper pulling, and many other time consuming blips that turn into full day projects. By 7:00 PM I'm beat. By 8:00 I'm ready for bed. And by 9:00 I'm a snoring cadaver.

But get to it I will, come heck or low water.

Spring "Supposed To Be Retired" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Put yer footsies up.. ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Wish we lived closer - my traveling companion loves remodeling. She is wallpaper pulling machine, demolition expert (have seen her purposely put a foot through a sheet rock wall), precise painter and color selector, decorating diva, and quality control expert (fit for purpose is not in her vocabulary). But of course excels in a supervisory role over the contractor - me.

Take a break. Time for a double cuba libre.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: The ONLY thing worse than building a house is LIVING in a house while you are REBUILDING it!!! ;) Kick back with a Rumncoke.If you do it all today,you won't have anything to do tomorrow! :)