Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

MadMax Turkey

Options
tsheehan7
tsheehan7 Posts: 105
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I got it a shot this weekend. I didn't make the gravy, but the turkey was good. I hate to say though, no matter what you do, it's still turkey.
Nov062010_0002.jpg
sliced
Nov062010_0003.jpg
on the plate with crash hots and swiss cheese green beans
Nov062010_0006.jpg
my favorite part
Nov072010_0000.jpg

Comments

• LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Options
    ah... your favourite part is also mine!

also... nice lookin bird!
    context is important :)
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Looks good. I too like the sammies best.

I think I know what you mean by "no matter what you do, it's still turkey". I did this and it was good, but not as good as chicken IMO.

What are crash hots? Red taters cooked 'til they xplode? They look good too!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• tsheehan7
    Options
    SmokeyPitt wrote:

I think I know what you mean by "no matter what you do, it's still turkey". I did this and it was good, but not as good as chicken IMO.

Google "pioneer woman crash hot potatoes" and follow the step-by-step.
  • tsheehan7
    Options
    SmokeyPitt wrote:

Google "pioneer woman crash hot potatoes" and follow the step-by-step.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    :laugh: its all about the gravy :laugh: even turkey is good covered in gravy
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • EggerFromIowa
    Options
    Everything looks great. I may have to try that potato recipe.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    First of all, I love turkey - it's the gravy (any gravy) that's not worth the bother! :laugh: And your bird looks great!!

As for crash hots, here's an easier way to do the potatoes (same ingredients)...

Cut up red potatoes to bite size
    Add to roasting pan
    drizzle with evoo
    Add a few whole, unpeeled, garlic cloves
    Sprinkle with chopped fresh rosemary
    S&P to taste
    Toss to coat

Roast in the oven at 425° for about 30-35 minutes (or until tender). Delicious!

They look something like this...

ig1a07_roasted_potatoes.jpg

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    ", no matter what you do, it's still turkey. " That was good for a morning laugh and couldn't agree more! :laugh: I can eat turkey but not a big fan except fryed. Shoot it up enough and add 3 gallens of hot grease and even turkey is great! :woohoo: Looks like you did a great job on your though!