Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Double decker pizza cooking on the egg

walruseggerwalrusegger Posts: 314
edited 9:45PM in EggHead Forum
Almost done, can't wait!

za.jpg

Comments

• pattikakepattikake Posts: 1,175
    looking good. great job.
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    Love to know the results..and the details of the setup..
  • fire eggerfire egger Posts: 1,124
    very cool, as Wess said,let us know how it works!
  • The finished product(s) below. I set it up indirect legs up with a firebrick in the center and rested the first pizza stone (well actually it's this http://www.armetale.com/armetale/index.php?fuseAction=item&itemID=87&bc=cat|3&PHPSESSID=b6b0becd3ad17c3f9cf1e876824471ea which I got at Williams Sonoma in the clearance sections for $20, it works great) centered on it. The put a couple broken chunks of fire bricks on the sides where the handles are on the metal pizza "stone" that had just enough height to then put my regular pizza stone (Pamper Chef...I know, I know, but it hasn't failed me yet!) on top. I had just enough clearance in my LBGE to get them both in with a nice fit. They turned out great, kids loved the pepperoni, wife loved the basil/tomato and I had a couple slices of two cheese. Dough was the $1.00 stuff sold at Trader Joes (works for us, again, I know, I need to start making my own!). Sorry the first pic was so dark, my grill light needs batteries and I haven't changed them yet.

za2.jpg

za3.jpg
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Looks like a success!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    LOVE IT!!! :)
  • fire eggerfire egger Posts: 1,124
    Looks good, thank you!!
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    that's awesome. nice work!
    context is important :)