Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Eagle has landed

Options
randomegger
randomegger Posts: 194
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A large box was waiting for me on the front porch yesterday. My Mini arrived intact with no chips or dings.[p]And it's just so darned cute.[p]Happy Holidays!

Comments

• Rumrunner
    Options
    randomegger, mine arrived y'day and firebox is broken into four large pieces and several smaller ones. Using 'as is' or glueing back together is NOT an option. Waiting to hear back from the seller. But, you are right, she/he is a cute lil bugger! Now I need to name it...."Greggie", perhaps?

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    randomegger,
    You will have a good time with the mini egg...It is a great little cooker.
    Larry

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Rumrunner,[p]Janet was very nice when I called her and she said she would have replacement parts out that day (Friday). I'm not worried at all and am looking forward to them arriving today or tomorrow.[p]Keep us posted though.
  • Rumrunner
    Options
    Mark Backer, I'm not worried at all, either...I just want to use it as soon as I can LOL

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    randomegger,
    It loses its cuteness when the thermometer is wrapped around to 250 on the second lap. That little puppy is a searing machine. Congrats on the new addition. [p]Hard to beat squidlies on the mini. Can you get fresh squid down your way?
    'Appy 'Olidays
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Morning Larry,[p]Several years ago when this little cooker first came out, someone on the forum made a real nice adjustable top vent for the cooker and I was thinking it was you. If so, do you have any pictures or information on this or can you tell me who to contact if it wasn't you? [p]Dave

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Old Dave,
    BGE now sells a daisy wheel for the mini, if your intersted in buying one..Sorry I don`t remember the cost..HTH[p]Wess

• Mark Backer
    Options
    WessB,[p]I believe it's 35 bucks.
  • randomegger
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]That reminds me, I need to get a thermometer for it.[p]And one of those cradle things.[p]And a daisy wheel.[p]I can feel my charge card starting to get warm...[p]My mother in law would probably love that - not sure where to get them but there must be someplace in ATL.[p]RE
  • tenntom
    Options
    randomegger,Our mini has logged some miles, it has cooked steaks in a fireplace in Gatlinburg, on a balcony overlooking the ocean in Myrtle Beach, and many other places including our deck. It is great for 2 people...[p]
  • Chef Arnoldi
    Options
    randomegger, CONGRATS welcome to the mini club. you will years of fun

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    randomegger,
    Now you need to get in touch with Lawn Ranger and get a monogrammed handle for the little bugger. Eggbert loves his.[p]Ken

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    Mark Backer,
    So are folks thinking of using the minis as they would the small and by passing the small, or is this just a good deal that people couldn't pass up on?[p]9" just seems small for a grid. Could you do 2 Porterhouse steaks on it, or 1 whole chicken?

• randomegger
    Options
    Bobby-Q,[p]Well, mostly it was because it was too good of a deal to pass up. I have a small (and a large) but IMHO the small really is too large to take places. I know some will disagree with me on that point, however. The mini is something I can take to the cabin or in the camper.[p]Rumor has it that it will do awesome things for steaks. We'll see. I imagine you could do some cornish hens on it...[p]Gonna be a lot of fun experimenting on it.[p]RE
  • Mark Backer
    Options
    Bobby-Q,[p]In our case, it was just too good of a deal to pass up. We're still getting our small as well. I just think it's a nice thing to have for tailgating, going to the lake, etc., and the deal was great.[p]A 9 inch grid is 70 sq inches, so two porterhouses aren't likely. A chicken I would think would be a go.[p]If you have a large only, everyone told us the small is the perfect mate for it.
  • YB
    Options
    Mark Backer,
    Here is a few pictures of the mini egg at the lake...You can get more on the little guy than you think.
    Larry

[ul][li]Mini Egg at the Lake[/ul]
  • Bobby-Q
    Options
    YB,
    Cool. Which lake is that?

• Bobby-Q
    Options
    Mark Backer,
    I agree about the small being a cool addition to the large. I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed the super secret meeting where the prevailing knowledge had changed to reflect the mini being the best addition to the large instead of the samll.[p]I only worry because I missed the super secret meeting that determined it was now perfectly acceptable to walk around apparently talking to yourself while making hand gestures into the air.[p]It used to warrant a "call the authorities, some crazy guy is off his meds" reaction. Now it is "Oh he's on his hands free cell phone"[p]I suppose the crazy people that were walking around 10 years ago talking to God on their hands free cell phones feel a little vindicated now, or at least they don't get hassled anymore.

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    randomegger,[p]Congrats, when I got mine I thought yea, maybe use a few times a year. Ms. Mini runs a couple times a week. It seems easier to get a fire going quickly, probably because of its size. Easy to clean.[p]Enjoy,[p]CWM
  • Mark Backer
    Options
    Bobby-Q,[p]Glad I could reassure you, Bobby-Q. [p]speaking of handsfree phoning, I saw a fellow in a store the other day and he had the motorola dangly handsfree thingy. You know, the one that's on a black cord, you put it in one ear and the talk into thingy hangs down around your shirt pocket?[p]Well, this mensa member had the end in his left ear, then wrapped it around and over the left ear, had the talk into thingy under his nose and then the other side over the other ear and down to his phone. [p]He looked like someone on oxygen, except he was just talking on the phone. I didn't have the heart to tell him how dumb he looked. Mostly because I was laughing too hard to pronounce any actual words...
  • YB
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    The lake is Clarks Hill...It is 15 miles from Augusta and has 1200 miles of shore line.
    Larry

• Bobby-Q
    Options
    Mark Backer,
    Having a converasation with God in regards to how much Oxygen he should be receiving I bet.

• Mark Backer
    Options
    Bobby-Q,[p]I'm not very good with foreign languages, but I think he was complaining about the price of toner at office max. [p]I could be wrong though, and if he had a pipeline to God's ear and I missed it, then shame on me....