Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mojo Boston butt question

Options
Borders
Borders Posts: 665
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm planning on injecting and marinating a pork roast in Goya brand Mojo sauce. Since it contains orange and lemon juices, I dont want to inject too early if it will harm the meat. On the other hand, I want to inject and marinate as long as possible to get the most Mojo flavor possible. [p]How many days or hours before the cook do you think is the longest I can do? [p]Also, any suggestions on wood for this cook?[p]Thanks,[p]Scott[p]

Comments

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Borders:[p]See Ray's 12/08/04 comments for a better mojo recipe. As for the Goya Mojo marinate, I have injected and marinated a butt for a couple of days with good results. It was cooked and pulled when sliceable. I would also plug that pork with a bunch of garlic prior to the marinate too.

[ul][li]drbbq blog[/ul]
  • Borders
    Options
    djm5x9, Gracias

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    Borders,
    ive done 24 hours with good results, but ive never injected. the ones ive done were better as a pull. lots of garlic, 20 cloves in the marinade,20 cloves in the sauce. do need a good mojo dipping sauce if you have one.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Borders,
    Kinda calling myself out on this one here..... but......
    I do mine in a crock pot. Marinade overnight, inject and put in pot with cilantro, onion, jalapenos, garlic and anything else I feel will work at the moment. Cook on low for 10-15 hrs. She will fall apart and shred easily. I then spoon some of the remaining juice on the meat, add some of the sauce from the bottle.
    Good stuff....

Apollo Beach, FL
  • Borders
    Options
    fishlessman, I'm using a commercially available sauce made by Goya which is real good. If you google "mojo pork roast" you will come up with lots of recipes and ideas.
    Scott