Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2010 Pumpkin in 360 Degree Interactive

Options
stike
stike Posts: 15,597
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Alright, last bit of blather re: the pumpkin,. I just tried making this this morning, and i think it worked.

When the page opens, the pumpkin should be spinning, but you can click on it and drag left or right, as well as tilt it (to see the top).

click here: Stike's 2010 Pumpkin in 360 Degrees

This is a fair approximation of how it looks in "real life". Thought the resolution/detail is limited here , and the lighting is much less contrasty in reality.
ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante

Comments

• Essex County
    Options
    Nice one! Makes me want to drink a Maudite!
    Paul
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    That is really cool Jeff...You did a great job this year.
    Larry
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    You have quite a gift....but I digress. :)
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Options
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    cool pumpkin. hard to see the whale with the interactive setup
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • stike
    Options
    the Maudite was my inspiration for the center of the composition. i had done a test (on the OT forum) where the boat was overturned and men were falling. It didn't read clearly. Looked too much like they were falling, not rising into the ship. I drew it again with the boat turned right side up, and then rememberdd that super Maudite label, and literally copied that part of it. Good artists copy, great artists steal! nah. i'm not great, but it did have that perfect spooky feel i was looking for.

mauditebeerandribeye.jpg
  • stike
    Options
    thx Larry.

It was respected enough by the neighborhood hooligans that it escaped being smashed again this year. :laugh:

The highest compliment they can pay you is when you're coming up the road and see the pumpkins of the neighbors all smashed, and yours is still standing.

i went downstairs once to close up the house and turn out the lights, and to bring in the punkins, and when i opened the door, kids in black were kneeling down looking at them (we used to do five or six). one of the kids said "hey dude,. these are WAY too cool to smash." they thanked me for doing them, one guy shook my hand, and they left. hahaha
  • stike
    Options
    not sure if i posted them. the whales were supposed to be kinda subtle. something you find when looking around the back.

the_whales.jpg
  • stike
    Options
    thx chris
  • stike
    Options
    aw stoppit, yoo
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    That is a neat story.

Larry
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    That's cool!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    better pic of the whale. new puter here and the screen seems to change color as the angle you look at it changes, light colors almost disappear
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it